Campers

k01

PR Elite
A few minutes from the dealer a trim piece blew off and that was 18 years ago. Then I found and connected a never connected brake when I got home. My introduction to toy hauler quality control. It's not just a Covid thing.

tj131

PR Member
I had a nice 34ft half ton towable. Great for the track. Bought new in 2020 pre pandemic and still had our share of issues. Like someone else mentioned, they're all junk. Cabinets all split being the biggest issue. 2020 grey wolf 27rr black label edition (fiberglass) was what we had.

Attachments

• IMG_7914.jpeg
    IMG_7914.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7912.jpeg
    IMG_7912.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7917.jpeg
    IMG_7917.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8338.jpeg
    IMG_8338.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 0

tj131

PR Member
A few minutes from the dealer a trim piece blew off and that was 18 years ago. Then I found and connected a never connected brake when I got home. My introduction to toy hauler quality control. It's not just a Covid thing.
100%

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I’ve heard from many how every camper like yall said is junk and made cheap. Don’t really wanna invest in a new one just because i see the depreciation of them drop immediately. Wouldn’t mind something used and with a little bit of money fix it up how I’d want it

Scotty810

PR Addict
I bought a used 7x16 enclosed trailer and made my own toy hauler out of it. I’ve got a winch operated full size bed I can lower when the bikes are out, fold down bunk beds for the kids, counter space, cabinets, and a sink. It took a lot of work to build but saved money and I think it’s pretty solid.

jms158bmx

PR Member
I agree campers are absolute junk, but if your remotely handy they are stupid easy to work on. Of course they are gona break and wear out it’s basically level 5 earthquake every time you go down the road. Upgrade the suspension and tires first thing its cheap insurance. I dont think anyone realizes just how paper thin they are.

Dano762

PR Addict
I have a couple of friends that have done the enclosed cargo trailer conversion route

Not luxurious but functional.

I kinda like my work and play - basically a cargo trailer with some furnishings inside. With its metal roof, upgraded axels, I have been lucky.

I don’t stretch tires out too long and think that saves me headaches on the road