2-stroke jetting

streaks383

PR Addict
I have a yz-295 and when I run MX there is not problem. This Saturday I ran a GP and lugged the bike in a high gear the whole track minus a section or two. I noticed when I did open it up, it acted like it was loaded up and didn't rev out. But the bike never fouled or quit. When I pulled the plug it was the correct color indicating it was neither dangerously lean or rich. I changed the plug and it still acted like it was loaded up until I took it to a field and took a few passes at WOT then it cleaned out and ran great. The bottom and midrange power were not affected at any time. Any ideas or jetting tips? Running the same high octane pump gas I always use mixed 40:1 with Klotz. However it is the same gas I have had since this spring as I have not ridden much this year, don't know if that makes a difference.

Sounds to me like the needle needs lowered in the jet. Raise your clip on the needle one position and try it again.

I have used fuel that has sat mixed all winter with no problems so I dont think that is it.

Hershey, you are the second person to tell me that. The first was my father, I don't know why I don't just always listen to him in the first place.

Recently found an abandoned can of race fuel in the garage. I think it's from 04. Put 2 oz of octane boost to be safe. My bike ran great with that stuff.

Back