01 yz 125 carb

mawilk6

PR Member
im trying to help a friend get his bike running but its not getting fuel carbs getting fuel and the bowl is filing up buy it wont spray fuel ? we have already cleaned the carb multiple time any help would be great thanks

Well, the carb on the YZ125 doesn't technically "spray" at all. The engine vacuum created by the piston going up and down "sucks/pulls" the fuel from the carb......

So, when you say you cleaned the carb, did you make sure the pilot jet was open all the way through? i.e. can you see light through it? They have a very small orifice so make sure it is clear.

When you pull the spark plug is it absolutely dry? How much compression is the bike making?

I bought an 03 yz a couple months back that had not been ridin in 2 years and still had the old gas in it....I went to napa and they have a gallon can of carb cleaner like a paint can.....tear the carb apart completely take off all the rubber gaskets and things off soak it in that carb cleaner for at least a week....then take a spray can of carb cleaner to clean all the heavy carb cleaner and deposits off of.....put back together and if it was a varnished and/or gummed carb this will def. take care of......after I did this and a new plug fired right up on 3rd kick.....this is not the first time I have used the stuff but it works....hope this helps

Just a data point. I got an ultrasonic cleaner, I think it's a 2 liter one, at Harbor Freight. It has a heater
and a timer. 25% simple green, 75% water cleans a carb that's been sitting forever like it's new. I've been
keeping my eyes open for one at HGR that will fit cases and such but so far nothing cheap enough for my taste.

The one at H.F. was about $60 if I recall correctly. 100 uses, I've had mine 5-6 years and works great
still. Don't even have to take the jets out.

Back