Woods / trail riders

JB_519

PR Addict
Any new woods / trail riders to the forum ?
( lurkers included )

What do you ride ?

Favorite area to ride ?

Would anyone be interested in a possible PR spring / fall trail ride / fest ...?

Speak up , nice to meet new people with common interest in riding !

I'm always up for a good trail ride day. The only time I get to ride the woods is when I race. I probably do 1 Harescramble per month (I only hit the ones are safe for everyone and not too crazy). Sometimes 2 per month depending on where they are. The places to ride are dwindling big time. I used to go to Elson Street right by Malvern. That was by far the best place. Our family used to always go to Shenango too, but over the years the state has shut down a lot of the trails that we used to ride. Other than those options, I really don't know of anywhere else that's legal. I like to stay legal myself. There has to be someone on here with a butt load of property. Come on!

Nothing like a good day in the woods on some flowy trail. And for that reason, I head up to Michigan to ride CCC trails. Grew up in the CCC (dad was president, didn't have a choice) but man did I not realize how good I had it. There is a severe lack of public trail down here in Ohio, and places like Wellsville are so rutted out it's not even fun.

Nothing like a good day in the woods on some flowy trail. And for that reason, I head up to Michigan to ride CCC trails. Grew up in the CCC (dad was president, didn't have a choice) but man did I not realize how good I had it. There is a severe lack of public trail down here in Ohio, and places like Wellsville are so rutted out it's not even fun.

Wellsville isnt rutted out, you just havent found the right trails. I went there at least 25 times before I found anything good. Now its my favorite place on earth to ride. Lota guys buildin new single track down there this winter. Warning though, some of that single track is the real deal. I watched a grown man cry there last summer.

Wellsville isnt rutted out, you just havent found the right trails. I went there at least 25 times before I found anything good. Now its my favorite place on earth to ride. Lota guys buildin new single track down there this winter. Warning though, some of that single track is the real deal. I watched a grown man cry there last summer.
I need someone to go with (to Wellsville)

I don't even know where to park

I need someone to go with (to Wellsville)

I don't even know where to park

Parking is pretty crazy these day. Its a free for all now so nothing gets groomed. I park at the old forbiddin zone. Better have a serious 4wd truck to get there though. I couldnt tell you how to get there as I dont know a single road name down there. I highly recommend NOT parking anywhere else. Free zone is super sketchy with locals rolling though,and oak is patroled by the cops giving out trespassing tickets. Ill let you know next time I head down. I always go on the holidays, to watch the maniacs. My blood is pumpin full throttle just thinkin bout the jungle!!!

Parking is pretty crazy these day. Its a free for all now so nothing gets groomed. I park at the old forbiddin zone. Better have a serious 4wd truck to get there though. I couldnt tell you how to get there as I dont know a single road name down there. I highly recommend NOT parking anywhere else. Free zone is super sketchy with locals rolling though,and oak is patroled by the cops giving out trespassing tickets. Ill let you know next time I head down. I always go on the holidays, to watch the maniacs. My blood is pumpin full throttle just thinkin bout the jungle!!!

Is Oak the parking lot by the train tracks? Follow the road down to the river, head under the tracks...etc.

Went there last year with my buddies jeeps and went in on that side, and came out the other end on a hilly dirt road. Really easy to get lost back in there. We used google earth and an ipad to figure out where the F we were.

Is Oak the parking lot by the train tracks? Follow the road down to the river, head under the tracks...etc.

Went there last year with my buddies jeeps and went in on that side, and came out the other end on a hilly dirt road. Really easy to get lost back in there. We used google earth and an ipad to figure out where the F we were.

Thats free zone. I would only park there if you dont have a 4wd vehicle. I park at old forbiddin zone which is right in the center. Getting up the hill to the parking area is insane these day if its wet. Oak tree is off of clark exit I think. Has been closed since 2011 and it gets patrolled by local police. Dont park there as it looks very tempting and safe. Best way to figure that place out is to base everything off the power lines. Seems to me all the main trail run parallel or perpendicular to the lines. Single track, good luck. Keep your eyes open and dont forget what you go down good chance youll be dragging your bike back up. Let me do some google earfin and see if I can get some good directions for everyone.

Ok google earth is awsome! Great detailed view of wellsvile trails and even has hill names! Heres how I go to park(note this may or may not be illegal, your call). Take rt 7 south to 213. Take right on 213 and follow it along the yellow creek. You will cross a set of train tracks and drive for bout another mile take right on 306. Its not marked so google earth it before you go.
Follow 306 to 307. Again google it. This will be a steep dirt hill with a gate up top, thats 307. If this first hill scares you, turn round n go home now. Follow 307, it looks like a trail, past scooby and keep going through a series of gnar hilly switchbacks for bout 5-10 mins. You will come up to a large campground and powerline clearing. Park anywhere it looks safe. My camp site is 158, use it if you can find it, but its deep in the jungle. Let me know when anyone goes im always in.

I had a feeling that's where you were talking about, saw lots of people camped out there last year. There is also no way in hell your average truck is going to make it back there. It was gnarly in my buddies very well built long arm jeep!

What are you driving back there!?

Man, gotta find another option because I've been itching to ride that place.

I usually drive a f250 with 35s. latly though Ive been crusin my geo tracker with hitch rack. 22mpg 4wd and subwoof to make ears bleed. And if someone steals it, burns it, theres always more on craigsdump for round 800.

Hello All,
I moved to Amherst just under 2 years ago (my wife and I) for work from upstate NY. We both ride Offroad (only), harescrambles, enduros etc... We have a small 1.5 mile loop here in town on private property to ride on and another 2+ mile loop that's not so private...
Anyway, I am very interested in checking out Wellsville... I hope it will be similar to the trail back home (tough, technical, rocky etc). We both ride KTMs and would love to try something new, I will probably do the CRA Harescramble this Sunday!

Hello All,
I moved to Amherst just under 2 years ago (my wife and I) for work from upstate NY. We both ride Offroad (only), harescrambles, enduros etc... We have a small 1.5 mile loop here in town on private property to ride on and another 2+ mile loop that's not so private...
Anyway, I am very interested in checking out Wellsville... I hope it will be similar to the trail back home (tough, technical, rocky etc). We both ride KTMs and would love to try something new, I will probably do the CRA Harescramble this Sunday!
I ride offroad mostly, we should have a get together sometime, somewhere soon. Will Clear Fork be open this year? That's a good public place to ride some trails.

Back