Off road Racing in NE Oh

ani3

PR Member
August 13th is the date this year for the Lumberjack 100 Enduro in Bergholz Ohio. 40 minutes south of Canton and less than two hours from Cleveland or Pittsburgh.
An Enduro is a cross country race on single track trail and dirt roads There is no quad rutted crap to contend with, all MC trail single track.
The Lumberjack is a restart Enduro perfect for Hare Scrambles, GP and even MX guys (and gals) In the restart format no timekeeping equipment is needed, no clock, no odometer. You simply ride to the checkpoint, wait till your time comes up and the check workers tell you to go. Ride your best to the end of the section and your time is compared against your class for results.
There is no requirement for lights or license plates at the Lumberjack. The event is in cooperation with local LEO and only a very few miles of dirt roads are used to connect the sections.
No laps, you ride the trail once. Arrowed so all you do is follow the trail.

$2500 purse for pro class with $1000 to win. If you are a CRA, AWRCS or EROC money class rider this is a chance for a big payday!

For riders that just want to ride their own pace we have a sportsman or D/S class that follows the race classes at the start. Just a good all day ride on awesome trail, no hassles, no searching for trail, just follow the arrows.
New this year we will also be hosting the Lil' Jack Family Enduro on Saturday the 12th for riders from 5 to 95 years of age and vintage bikes. This will be an easier loop for beginners and those just looking for a fun casual ride.

Look for our flyer with details under the Ohio region in KTMTALK or look for Ohio Valley Trail Riders on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/OhioValleyTrailRiders/

Pre-entry is available through Livelaps.com

Seriously, if you miss this ride you will be missing out on the best trail you will find anywhere. Hope to see you on the 13th

Attachments

• 2017 Lumberjack 100 flyer - v2.pdf
    519.8 KB · Views: 973
I see 92 views but 0 replies. Just curious if any of the viewers are thinking of coming out to ride?

I'm considering. This sounds fun. I'm like halfway to transition to all gncc cross country style races I think. More I do them. More I love them.

Lil"Jack is a Family Enduro. There will be awards for all the kids classes so it is technically a race but truly it is designed to be a fun way for kids and parents to ride the same tamed down woods trails all together. The idea is to be family fun and an introduction to off road riding/racing for young people

ive asked quite a few AWRCS, EROC, CRA and OMA members about this event and no one has heard of it? has it been promoted? whats your usual rider count? are your race results posted online?

I am considering doing this check out the site it's got more info I believe it's AMAhttp://aces-races.com/

I am considering doing this check out the site it's got more info I believe it's AMAhttp://aces-races.com/
I checked out that site. thanks for the info. seems like they are getting just under 150 riders per event so similar to most local off road events. i was curious because we've been asking the riders about it and no one was aware of the event.

Thanks to all for coming out, with over 250 riders we had a fantastic day of racing!
Congrats to all the 2017 Ohio State Champions and congrats to Broc Hepler on his $1000 payday. Broc has won the overall Axe every year we have run, maybe next year another rider can come take it away from him........... or maybe not?

Back