The Fork

ck1racerx

PR Addict
good turnout today at East Fork. Track prep was perfect with plenty of ruts and chop. 18 in 40+ made for some fun racing on the little 1-2-5. Man I have to get in better condition.
Couple of issues with the long delay getting the race order. (Track owners, make the line up NOW. Don't wait until signup is closed. Youth, adult youth adult. No one runs back to back. Simple). And way too many injuries. A few pretty serious. Hope all are OK. But I did hear of some were not. Just my opinion but too many high jumps. With the way that great dirt ruts up, it doesn't need any jumps.
Still. Great to see big numbers at a So-Oh race. You northerners are going to have to make the trip down for a great series.
On to the all new track at Treaty City next week. Man I hope they built a good track. It has to be as close to perfect as possible or they are done with moto.
We shall see.

Good day. I would have like to see track disced. DMC did Not touch the track. East Fork cleaned up some jump faces, no disc. Guess I prefer a fresh till at intermission. It usually makes for much better lines in the second motos.

Not sure why east fork has their share of injuries. My son's 2nd schoolboy moto got red flagged. A PW was coming down the straight way, luckily some caught it just in time. A couple more seconds and the schoolboy class would have run the kid over. I did not agree with the red flag, it did not affect anyone getting thru the corner at all. The restart resulted in a 4 bike pileup with some damaged bikes.

As for treaty city, I am passing on that one next week. Will be interesting if they get more than 150 riders.

20170806_104611.jpg

good turnout today at East Fork. Track prep was perfect with plenty of ruts and chop. 18 in 40+ made for some fun racing on the little 1-2-5. Man I have to get in better condition.
Couple of issues with the long delay getting the race order. (Track owners, make the line up NOW. Don't wait until signup is closed. Youth, adult youth adult. No one runs back to back. Simple). And way too many injuries. A few pretty serious. Hope all are OK. But I did hear of some were not. Just my opinion but too many high jumps. With the way that great dirt ruts up, it doesn't need any jumps.
Still. Great to see big numbers at a So-Oh race. You northerners are going to have to make the trip down for a great series.
On to the all new track at Treaty City next week. Man I hope they built a good track. It has to be as close to perfect as possible or they are done with moto.
We shall see.
We shall see.
Sign up definitely went to long but when you have over 50 riders coming in at 8:30 to sign up you can't get things entered and race order can't be printed until everyone is signed up! We opened signup at six we had less than 10 riders sign up before 7 riders need to be there earlier and not wait until 8 to sign up! Definitely didn't like the injuries but one guy jumped on another rider another 85 looped out on triple and few start crashes but that was a full gate of C riders 339 entries I did go out and fix face and landing radar showed rain by 4 so wanted to get everyone's race in and then it didn't rain!
But thanks to everyone that attended great turnout and hope to see everyone at treaty this weekend!
Thanks Scott

Maybe the cost to signup should go up $5 after 8am. Or more... something to incentivize people to get there on time. Or penalize the people that don't.
The 30+ crash on the big table in the back was wicked. Could not tell who jumped across who but both landed on the very edge of the downside. Not really a track issue but still that is a pretty hard hit. Seen the 85 loop out also. Hope he is ok. The scary crash was up front on the back side of the double double. I think everyone walked away but at least one of the bikes did not. He hit the downed bike and CRUSHED the front rim. It was ugly
Thanks for not tilling at intermission. The ruts were perfect and the drizzle worked good to keep it moist.
Great day of racing

Knox your crazy....give us a nice fresh till track before the 40 plus moto every time!!

Back