Results of the house fire

MXracn746

PR Addict
Here is what's left of my 2014 YZ450f and my son's KTM 250 XC-F
20180128_142825.jpg
20180128_143031.jpg
20180128_143110.jpg

Wow. That's crazy. Happy everyone is ok. Contents can be replaced.

Now....i can't pass it up.....Herahey, did you rewire Don's garage?

Man, What a bummer. I hope everyone is OK and that you have good insurance. Man, fire is so devastating to all the contents. I hope you have a good network of friends that can pitch in and help. I live pretty far away or I'd do what I could. Good luck cleaning up the mess. I hope you can get new bikes and keep on riding.

Man, What a bummer. I hope everyone is OK and that you have good insurance. Man, fire is so devastating to all the contents. I hope you have a good network of friends that can pitch in and help. I live pretty far away or I'd do what I could. Good luck cleaning up the mess. I hope you can get new bikes and keep on riding.
I've got really good insurance, so far, and they're really doing a good job helping out, so far. And no, neither bike was covered. Atvs, dirt bikes, and other things like that aren't. Must've had a rider for those which I didn't. If it services the property, it's covered. The truck in the garage wasn't covered either per the claims adjuster, though I did have full coverage on it through my auto ins.

Omg. Please anyone reading this just buy a theft and fire insurance policy on your bikes!!!!! Today. Call progressive.

On the grander scale hopefully your loss of use will get you in a decent place for the interim.

I’ve also heard of guys getting home owners to pay on bikes if they were In pieces/rebuilding them. And it looks like one of your bikes was in process of being rebuilt as evidence of your forks sitting against the bench....look into that. Might be able to get 1 paid for.

That's such crap on home owners insurance. If your house burns, and you have say $250,000 in contents covered, it should not matter what it is that burnt, anything inside that property should be covered as contents in my opinion.

Any idea what caused the fire?

Sorry to see this, hope everyone was ok. I would definitely take your time putting a price to all that was lost, all the little things that are easily overlooked could help with the things that were not covered!

That's such crap on home owners insurance. If your house burns, and you have say $250,000 in contents covered, it should not matter what it is that burnt, anything inside that property should be covered as contents in my opinion.

Any idea what caused the fire?
I'm the original owner, and when I moved in, I put a work bench in the back of the garage with one of those 2 light florescent shop lights above it. I put in an electrical socket to plug the shop light into. That socket shorted out. The detective and fire chief said it happened before the breaker had a chance to pop. Said it got so hot showed me the contacts literally melted and turned to molten little beads of material. He said it probably shot a blue flame out, down on my workbench. He showed me where it blew out and the hot spot where it all started. That socket had been there for 21 years untouched. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief. the garage door apparently has some sort of heat sensor in it, and in it's last dying breath, it opened, saving probably my son's life. the flames went up and out the front of the house instead of straight up into the living room which was right above. Matt up there.

Sorry to see this, hope everyone was ok. I would definitely take your time putting a price to all that was lost, all the little things that are easily overlooked could help with the things that were not covered!
I should start a list of the garage contents, and yes, the one was in parts. There were parts and tools that were custom made stuff I made or modified myself to work on things that are gone now. All I can do is shake my head.

On a good note, right above the Yamaha right near where the fire broke out, on the wall I had a lot of plaques hanging. Had them closely together basically covering the wall. on the other side of that wall was the laundry room. Basically my plaques took the brunt of the heat and saved the laundry room. All my riding gear, helmets, and new boots we got for Christmas were in there along with some clothes for us. All survived!

On a good note, right above the Yamaha right near where the fire broke out, on the wall I had a lot of plaques hanging. Had them closely together basically covering the wall. on the other side of that wall was the laundry room. Basically my plaques took the brunt of the heat and saved the laundry room. All my riding gear, helmets, and new boots we got for Christmas were in there along with some clothes for us. All survived!
See they don’t burn! I’m putting mine up today lol!

Wow, really sorry for you to be reading this. Hope it all works out ok for you and your family.

So sorry to hear this for you and your family! We're from down around the Zanesville area if you need anything, clothes etc until insurance kicks in. Let us know sizes and we'll see if we can help.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wow. That's crazy. Happy everyone is ok. Contents can be replaced.

Now....i can't pass it up.....Herahey, did you rewire Don's garage?

Haha,,,,jack ass!!!!

Seriously though, from experience I can tell you this......Contents.....thats where it is at. Be sure to list EVERYTHING you can remember you had in there. Sift through the garbage, its a rough time and you might forget stuff. Any contents you had list out, shop online for the items and compile a price sheet for them with links to the prices. Obviously list out the most expensive prices you can find and let them lower them.

Good luck and glad everyone is safe!

Back