'24 Loretta Lynns

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Weather looks line crap for bc.

My son got a random burr up his butt and said he wants to race it if it isn't a mudder. Up until last week he hadn't rode since Oct.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
It’s funny for bcliff at this point I don’t think they can ever have an area qualifier without shitty weather. Regional a few years ago was great weather till Sunday in the afternoon but racing was done. I think JO just likes the constant work of fixing parking after these mudders

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Whats the status down at the cliff!?! Who's there? How's the layout, any changes?

Suns out here in Canton, im thinking the track is primo today with the extra moisture!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Track was primo today! Nice texture and ruts galore! Problem is rain all day tomorrow is the forecast, I don’t race til Sunday so I’m fine and hope it’s nice Sunday, it’s been a few years for me since last Briarcliff visit so it’s way different to me! The right hand turn start should be interesting!

Carlisle

PR Member
Track was primo today! Nice texture and ruts galore! Problem is rain all day tomorrow is the forecast, I don’t race til Sunday so I’m fine and hope it’s nice Sunday, it’s been a few years for me since last Briarcliff visit so it’s way different to me! The right hand turn start should be interesting!
That’s funny s**t!!! Track primo ruts galore. Every he -she on here cry’s about the ruts. Or maybe that’s just when it’s ruts at malvern!!! C’ mon can’t wait to here the feedback. Meister……. Please comment on mr mcclains comment that track is primo ruts galore!! Guess you wouldn’t like it. Hope you’re not racing there you might have a negative comment. Oh wait no you wouldn’t it’s not malvern!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meister

PR Founding Father
Lol.. why ya gotta trash this post too? you see how much rain they got? Track was on point per all the pics i seen. I like ruts and rough. Not slot car ruts. Mathew explained it pretty well. Slot car rutted tracks are like a transgender liberal. Cant decide whether it's a gncc or a motocross race. Its so funny you guys got hung up on my Malvern comment. If you guys werent buddies with the owner it wouldn't even be a thing. If it hadn't sold, i would have withheld my comment anyway. Just let it go lol..

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Malvern was just a good example just like I’d use Eastfork as an example. Ruts and rough are cool and fine. Ruts to the point where you’re stuck and cannot move around and horrible racing is when it’s overboard. Obviously if situations where it rains a ton and you cannot control it I totally get it but say a nice dry weekend and track prep like normal you should be able to race and you can’t move around and pass if your stuck in a rut the whole time. At red bud you are literally stuck in a rut the whole time at regionals. You like ruts and gnarly that’s as gnarly as it gets. Then you go to Millville and still gnarly but able to move around the track and not be stuck and make passes. Slot car racing just sucks but everyone has their cup of tea of what they like. I like ruts and gnarly but gotta be able to move around I think many places in Ohio do it well and your able to move around.

Carlisle

PR Member
Lol.. why ya gotta trash this post too? you see how much rain they got? Track was on point per all the pics i seen. I like ruts and rough. Not slot car ruts. Mathew explained it pretty well. Slot car rutted tracks are like a transgender liberal. Cant decide whether it's a gncc or a motocross race. Its so funny you guys got hung up on my Malvern comment. If you guys werent buddies with the owner it wouldn't even be a thing. If it hadn't sold, i would have withheld my comment anyway. Just let it go lol..
I’m not friends with the owner. Don’t even know him. Just wasn’t cool for you to start name dropping. I’m sure you could have made malvern great again !!!!! But whatever another track is gone. So sad!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Listen guys, as a former racer who did pretty well on the amateur scene, you need to learn all kinds of riding to make it to the top. For us northern Ohio racers, sand is a foreign concept so you have to learn how to ride sand for when you need to race in it. Ruts are also hard to deal with, but they do create differences in riding speed by who can navigate them and who can’t and you need to learn to ride in them as well, dry hardpack marbles and dust are also part of the journey and that is a staple of Northern Ohio riding unfortunately so we actually are pretty good at that as a group. In my chase for the top of the amateur scene, I spent time in District 5 Western PA circuit to learn from the best - well the Coombs run D5 and the racers there are damn good as well as the tracks back in the day. Went from getting my ass kicked to running at the front of the pack there. But I still couldn’t ride sand worth a s**t and my original PitRacer Posse moved to riding in Michigan and racing at Baja, Log Road, and Red Bud (after the sand was added) as part of our regular racing program. Again started by getting our a***s kicked but improved to be proficient in sand too over some seasons, and this included the infancy of D12 and the original soil we grew up with and Scenic Highlands taught about high speed racing, Dirtworld taught us rut turns and scrubbing, Beans Rd taught us big jumps and bad ass riding when BJ was pleasing Brock Sellardd and the KTM team in those early days. And guess what, it all added up to becoming pretty good riders and racers back then, so the PitRacer.com Posse was a group that was known back then and we had a lot of fun too. Red Bid Vet Fests became a party weekend with awesome riding, and some off track events that are only safe to talk about in the Vet Forums! Young kids like Meister and Kaiser878 looked up to us and came around to see what we were up to and asked questions and learned how to race too! No one has all the answers or what is right and what is wrong on how to do it. But I can tell you this, if you can’t ride sand, ruts, dry hardpack, narrow, slow, fast, mud, or rainout conditions as part of your riding skill set……. You aren’t going to make it to the top!!!!! And isn’t that what you are all shooting for????? I have my preference on what I like the best but I learned to ride them all because I had to in order to compete with the best of the best.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Mmm.. love me some baja..
Screenshot_20240511-130330.png

Carlisle

PR Member
Listen guys, as a former racer who did pretty well on the amateur scene, you need to learn all kinds of riding to make it to the top. For us northern Ohio racers, sand is a foreign concept so you have to learn how to ride sand for when you need to race in it. Ruts are also hard to deal with, but they do create differences in riding speed by who can navigate them and who can’t and you need to learn to ride in them as well, dry hardpack marbles and dust are also part of the journey and that is a staple of Northern Ohio riding unfortunately so we actually are pretty good at that as a group. In my chase for the top of the amateur scene, I spent time in District 5 Western PA circuit to learn from the best - well the Coombs run D5 and the racers there are damn good as well as the tracks back in the day. Went from getting my ass kicked to running at the front of the pack there. But I still couldn’t ride sand worth a s**t and my original PitRacer Posse moved to riding in Michigan and racing at Baja, Log Road, and Red Bud (after the sand was added) as part of our regular racing program. Again started by getting our a***s kicked but improved to be proficient in sand too over some seasons, and this included the infancy of D12 and the original soil we grew up with and Scenic Highlands taught about high speed racing, Dirtworld taught us rut turns and scrubbing, Beans Rd taught us big jumps and bad ass riding when BJ was pleasing Brock Sellardd and the KTM team in those early days. And guess what, it all added up to becoming pretty good riders and racers back then, so the PitRacer.com Posse was a group that was known back then and we had a lot of fun too. Red Bid Vet Fests became a party weekend with awesome riding, and some off track events that are only safe to talk about in the Vet Forums! Young kids like Meister and Kaiser878 looked up to us and came around to see what we were up to and asked questions and learned how to race too! No one has all the answers or what is right and what is wrong on how to do it. But I can tell you this, if you can’t ride sand, ruts, dry hardpack, narrow, slow, fast, mud, or rainout conditions as part of your riding skill set……. You aren’t going to make it to the top!!!!! And isn’t that what you are all shooting for????? I have my preference on what I like the best but I learned to ride them all because I had to in order to compete with the best of the best.
Guess your not really absorbing what is being said by riders who are expressing there opinions. Riders who want to be at the top. That’s what you said. Lol. Funny s**t. This is pitracer. How many professionals are on here commenting? None!!! Lol. Maybe some A riders from back in the day but no one rellivent. Not sure the point you are trying to make because every poster on here is a has been or peaked in the B class kinda rider. Now just vet riders who want something comfortable and smooth. Home by 2pm after a race. Pitracer should be changed to vetracer. The complainers on here aren’t trying to make it to the top. They just like to complain . So thanks for your input mr McClain but your missing the point!!!

Meister

PR Founding Father
Did i read somewhere you've got another bike carlisle? Either way, you're as much a pitbitch as the rest of us. Lol..

hershey

PR Elite
Guess your not really absorbing what is being said by riders who are expressing there opinions. Riders who want to be at the top. That’s what you said. Lol. Funny s**t. This is pitracer. How many professionals are on here commenting? None!!! Lol. Maybe some A riders from back in the day but no one rellivent. Not sure the point you are trying to make because every poster on here is a has been or peaked in the B class kinda rider. Now just vet riders who want something comfortable and smooth. Home by 2pm after a race. Pitracer should be changed to vetracer. The complainers on here aren’t trying to make it to the top. They just like to complain . So thanks for your input mr McClain but your missing the point!!!
Kind of true. Most people put me in that group of complainers but really I just call people out on stuff that most people are thinking but too afraid to say.

What is really funny is how the tide changes over time. At one point one track or owner is the king, then they aren't but another is. Then it chamged again. Then the one that was out is back as the king again. It's all about who wants to rub elbows with who more than what track is what when it comes to the complainers.

Ruts, rough, sand wtvr. It's all riding and a bad day doing that is still better than work. I have my preference also and at 56 I still prefer ruts and rough over smooth and easy. Last weekend I raced and couldn't pass a slower guy in my class simply because they prepped the track 2 motos earlier and the ruts were gone. I was just enough faster to eat roost the entire moto without being able to pass. The other rider rode smart and beat me, I still had an absolute blast.

Why did I tell you that? Because it wasn't my cup of tea, I got beat by a slower rider but I still had fun and didn't bitch about the track, owners or conditions. Damn people, go back to just showing up at the track, riding or racing and having fun.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
PitRacer is for information, good bad and other types, but info. I just shared my two cents on how some of old timers got better a long time ago chasing Loretta Lynn’s glory. It was fun because we had a group that always went together and we teased each other constantly all in good fun. I just like to ride and luckily am decent at it. I have as much fun on a good trail ride as I do on a good Mx track and have ridden MX, Supermoto, hare scrambles, GNCC, old school enduros with timing, and even endurocross and trials over the years. It’s all about having fun and enjoying what you do and I don’t own land, tractors, or anything to build a track so I’m happy that people do this to give us a place to ride!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
.........AND ......Back to 24' LL Talk.

Briarcliff was on point all weekend.
They got handed every possible hurdle and took it all in stride.
Was a good time, Fun AQ.
Some super-fast rippers from all over the country.

The BC crew put in a TON of work to make this happen.

Plus - how can ya not dig a place that has a section dubbed - THE SHARK TANK !!

Rooting for:
Wyatt Duff. The kid flat out rips.