Renfro Valley Dual sport

WebZ

PR Member
Hey is anybody headed down to the Renfro valley dual sport this May?
webz, riz, willie will be there for 2-days of fun.

Its a great ride and nice location. If you need info or directions let me know.
Hope to see you there.

Hey willie lets see some pics of that new ride?

Well it was an amazing weekend at Renfro last Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Dave (WebZ) and I completed the whole 200 miles, our bikes ran great, outside of a fouled plug on day one only 2 miles from camp. We rode the Advanced sections on Saturday, including the last one that maybe had only 3-5 tire tracks before us. Sunday, it was balls to the wall 5 gear ridin' through the Daniel Boone Forest area all day. we found some killer caves, which we rode into. basically my headlight just disappeared in darkness before I got the heck out of there. The tunnels went off in every direction, in darkness and the ceiling was at least 40 feet high. No rain, but the rivers were high, had to ride one trestle to avoid a 4 foot deep water crossing. that was fun, scary though ridin' across a mesh walkway on the trestle, looking down and hoping for no train. Then a light lunch was served at the Livingston, KY volunteer fire station and the gas truck was a guy with a blue 55-gallon barrel and a hand pump. I said I needed one gallon exactly, cause I had a premeasured 40:1 container of oil. I asked him how he knew it was a gallon, he said, "10 pumps is a gallong." funny thing, my 3.1 gallon tank was filled after 10 pumps. I figure I was running 80:1 the second half of Sunday. I made it though.

Met a father and son from Chardon that attended Renfro based on the video posting above. said he saw it on Pitracer and decided to go. Pitracer IS the authentic Dual Sport Website, please post on this forum and help us grow this medium for dual sporting in Ohio.

Okay, so who's going to Hanging Rock in a week and a half? 200 miles, two days, food, prizes, camping and a ball-breaking ride. an entry form can be downloaded at www.kaeppnerswoods.com

We have one of the first cabins on top of the mountain reserved. we have 4 or 5 open beds to share so if anyone wants to go and needs a place to sleep, your welcome to share the cost with us. it included a kitchen, fridge, shower, living room, couple of rooms, beds, etc. right in Logan state park. I will start a Hanging Rock thread now. Don't miss this, it is really really challenging on your body and your machine.

The first advanced loop was 10.7 miles long. At minimum, one needed to be a solid enduro B rider to take these sections, they were a blast. after riding for quite a while, my buddy Dave said, you just completed the first advanced section. Heck, I thought we were almost to the end of day one at that point. No, it was just 10.7 miles in the woods. Felt like I got punched in the gut. Just kidding, it was a blast!

Renfro Valley, the first official, unofficial dual sport of 2012. Hasn't been formally announced yet but talk is it's the weekend of May 5 & 6. This is one of my favorite rides of the year, except I may not be able to make it in that I booked a round-trip ticket to Vegas for that weekend. Planning on catching the first round of the Endurocross at the Orleans Arena, then the final round of the Supercross at Sam Boyd Stadium. So, I'm either riding Renfro Valley like years past, or going to Vegas for some live racing action. I can't decide, actually I don't have to at this point, but it will be an interestingly tough decision. Either way, as WebZ pointed out, I'm going to have a great time that weekend (unless my woman catches wind of it).

Well it's on, Renfro Valley dual sport 2012 this weekend May 5 & 6 staging at the KOA campground in Mt. Vernon, KY. Stop by cabin 10 and say hi. Gonna be a hoot, who's in?

2013 Renfro Valley Dual Sport

2013 Renfro Valley Dual Sport has been confirmed!!!

Alright folks, the 2013 Dual Sport Season is at hand. Though you may have already checked the Husqvarna/FMF AMA Dual Sport Season schedule, you would have missed this one. In the recent years, the organizers of the Renfro Valley Dual sport miss the cut-off to be part of the AMA series but the event goes on anyway, and it's a gooooooooooooodddddddddddddd one! Renfro Valley is two days, over 200 miles of tough mountain trails (parts of Daniel Boone National Forest), small Kentucky towns and great food and camaraderie. They feed you lunch both days, dinner on Saturday, giveaways and prizes and great accommodations by KOA Campground. I'll be in Cabin 10 if you want to stop by and say "Hi" or put a hit on me, you can find me in #10, along with WebZ. There are also many Enduro sections for those looking for a little bit more of a challenge, but if this is your first time, you better stay on the regular trail. It can be hard enough if your new to Enduro riding. These trails are usually comparable to a sanctioned Enduro. They can be tricky enough without even worrying about going fast. Sometimes your just happy to make it up some of these uphills. Or through some of these deep rivers. It's challenging enough just to finish completing all of the sections. Of course there are always "easy-outs" so you can opt out at any time.

Ron Miller out of NC is putting this event on these year, he said the official flyer is coming soon.

Pre-Entries mail to Ron Miller @ 1281 River Highway, Morresville, NC 28117
KOA is giving 10% Discount for dual sporters.
MORE INFO: Contact Ron at millerron@bellsouth.net or Paul at 513-553-6662

All Riders MUST be legally licensed; Parental consent required for minors.
√ Converted off-road machines may still be used provided they are
√ All Bikes MUST be legally licensed for highway use in its state of properly licensed for street use & comply with the above requirements.
registration, & MUST be equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor √ WE DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL INSURANCE, and we urge you NOT to ride a
and muffling system no louder than 98db(A), measured at 0.5 meters. bike without it.
√ All bikes will be subject to sound testing by the organizer. Testing will be √ No numbers on Bikes. Discretionary with the organizer-in other words, if its loud, we'll test it.
√ Knobbie tires recommended.

Expect 125 miles the first day and 80 miles the second, with designated gas stops along the route. You will be equipped with a route sheet for roll chart mounting. Our group leaders & sweep crew riders will be on hand for assistance if needed. Your entry includes 2 full days of dual sport adventure. Lunch is provided both days for all entrants. At Saturday night's dinner eligibility for our GREAT contingency prizes from our sponsors will be awarded. Renfro Valley KOA will be selling breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning. Don't quote me but last year's costs were:

2-day rider, $100
1-Day Rider, $55.00
2-Day Passenger, $50
1-Day Passenger, $25

yes this is going to be another adventure. Willie will be joining us on sat. I am kinda of bum that I going to miss the woods rider enduro. same weekend
I will change my info. KTM rider now buddy

I remember that particular river crossing. I found the best way across was right across it then ride down the left bank. I've run that section before, but last year it was a llllllliiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttllllllleeeeeeee deep. This is a good time to double check our airboxes and other water entry points in preparation for water. Because if Renfro isn't wet, Hanging Rock will make up for it, trust me!

Hey, Renfro Valley Dual Sport is less than two weeks away, it's actually not this weekend but next. 200 miles through the backwoods of Kentucky. Here is a video of some of the members of the group laying out the course. I guess you need to know your way, and I see a big river we'll be crossing, probably like ten times back and fourth. Note to self: duct tape the top of my boots or ride all day with wet feet. No thanks. Here is a pre-ride video of the group findin' their way through who-knows-where Kentucky:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BztI85E0-Kg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What kind of tires you guys going to run for this? I noticed last year some guys running trials tires and I was thinking maybe I would try one since it's mostly pretty rocky. Of course it was muddy last year because of the rain.

Back