Choice of Sprocket Brand

dwinship463

PR Member
Yes, only set on the new bike. Chain AND sprockets. Cracks me up how people dont think Oring chains are worth it. Under load they actually have less drag than a standard chain according to MXA tests in the past.

less drag maybe, but the weight of the chain is what slows the acceleration of the bike. same with sprockets steel weighs more.
i had oring and steel sunstar sprockets on bike for offroad and just switched to regular chain and renthal aluminum sprocket on my 350 and can definetly notice the difference.
bikemaster brand from tucker rocky was my choice for xring 520 chain like $50!! same tensile strength as $150 rk or did chains.
if you never want to buy another sprocket again get an ironman sprocket from Dirt tricks. they cost more but will last for years! come with a on year guarantee thet they dont wear out.

JMOORE330

PR Addict
less drag maybe, but the weight of the chain is what slows the acceleration of the bike. same with sprockets steel weighs more.
i had oring and steel sunstar sprockets on bike for offroad and just switched to regular chain and renthal aluminum sprocket on my 350 and can definetly notice the difference.
bikemaster brand from tucker rocky was my choice for xring 520 chain like $50!! same tensile strength as $150 rk or did chains.
if you never want to buy another sprocket again get an ironman sprocket from Dirt tricks. they cost more but will last for years! come with a on year guarantee thet they dont wear out.

I have a buddy that put an ironman on a yz450f and that thing lasted like 5 yrs. He then sold the bike with it still kickin. Has anyone ever tryd the stainless stell sunstars? It really just caught my attention

HoleshotKTM

PR Addict
SRT makes a great o-ring chain and they cost $65. I know that sounds crazy,

but not only is the price excellent the quality is superior.

talonrunner18

PR Addict
How about gold chain vs regular?

I've ran cheaper o-ring chains like RK and over month or so developed very light surface rust causing links to bind. When links kink they cause sprockets to wear very fast and stretch the chain. With a quality gold o-ring chain I find they are smoother and cause less drag.

I broke a RK o-ring chain once also, lucky I had a nice case saver. Will never buy anything other than a quality chain.