2020 Full Gas Sprint Enduro Series

jstory

PR Addict
If you have never done one of these you should give it a try. If you like GP's, Hare Scrambles, Moto these events are a good blend of all of that. I average about 1 hr on the hour meter per day on my bike and they are two day events. The format is 6 tests a day, three on a cross test loop and three on an enduro loop. You alternate back and forth. Each loop is roughly 10-15 minutes. You get between 20- 40 break in between each one. Its a single file start. You are scored by your combined times for all of your tests. Oh and Round 5 the cross loop is on a golf course!

2020 Sprint Enduro Calendar.jpg

Yeah the first one is mostly sand and gets pretty rough. Not much elevation change. Most of the rest of them have decent elevation change and a good mix of woods and grass track. I really enjoy these races. The day goes fast. The run the small bikes in the morning then start big bikes around 11:30 am after three rotations through both loops you get done around 4:30 pm. Then do it again the next day.

The first couple I will stay in a hotel just because my camper is winterized and I don't want to mess with doing it over again to come back home. When it gets warmer I camp at all of them. The race day is from 11:30 - 4:30 for bike bikes at most of them. It makes it nice you can sleep in get some breakfast. Then go watch some minis and walk some of the loop. Then after your done riding for the day there is plenty of time to prep your bike and gear for the next day and hang out. There wasn't much of a party at the last one but the banquet is a real good time. There is usually some people hanging out at each one. It's pretty laid back. It reminds me of a moto race 25 years ago. I've met some really nice people this last year doing them. I joined some of them for the Northeast 24 hour race last year and just found out we have a team for this year as well.

If you have never done one of these you should give it a try. If you like GP's, Hare Scrambles, Moto these events are a good blend of all of that. I average about 1 hr on the hour meter per day on my bike and they are two day events. The format is 6 tests a day, three on a cross test loop and three on an enduro loop. You alternate back and forth. Each loop is roughly 10-15 minutes. You get between 20- 40 break in between each one. Its a single file start. You are scored by your combined times for all of your tests. Oh and Round 5 the cross loop is on a golf course!

View attachment 68960
I could not agree more with you, I did the LLR round last year and had a blast! It is the perfect raceday set up for a "vet class" racer that grew up riding old school moto and some offroad. It is a super fun format and also cool that you can go watch the top guys ride the same section that you may be struggling with yourself. I plan on doing a few of these this year. Good luck at round 1!!!

This one is definitely the toughest of all of them. I wasn't too happy with my results either. I managed a 8th overall in 40+A. There was some really tough competition in most classes tjus year. Looking forward to the rest of them. How about Kalib Russell. That dude is an animal. Its mind blowing how fast he goes through that stuff.

This one is definitely the toughest of all of them. I wasn't too happy with my results either. I managed a 8th overall in 40+A. There was some really tough competition in most classes tjus year. Looking forward to the rest of them. How about Kalib Russell. That dude is an animal. Its mind blowing how fast he goes through that stuff.

@jstory did you race 40 B last year? If so, you and I had a great battle at LLR

I watched videos of the race and man it looked like it got rough?!!

@jstory did you race 40 B last year? If so, you and I had a great battle at LLR

I watched videos of the race and man it looked like it got rough?!!

Yeah I did race 40B last year. I remember the racing at LLR. That was a fun layout. This first one was brutally rough. It's all sand and I don't think there any part of either track that wasnt whooped out. It was tough coming out of the cold but still fun.

Back