Zoar Valley this weekend!

alphado

PR Founding Father
Anyone going?

image-20230417170712-1.png

I have been looking forward to this for quite some time! Heck, I even bought 2 bikes just for this event. A 1980 RS175 and a 2000 KX 250. My son Joe and I pulled in around 8:00 am Saturday to find the parking lot pretty full. the pits looked like a throwback to the 1970s. The vibe was incredible. We walked the track and were in awe. The natural terrain was incredible and the "A Hill" looked scary. Ran into TBTeam and talked to him for while. He told us some stories from back when he raced there.

After the rider's meeting The Professor Gary Bailey said some words then it was off to ride. I went out in Group 2 on the RS. I was a little worried because I haven't been on a track in along time and really shouldn't be riding due to shoulder surgery. I cut a couple slow laps then started getting into a flow. that RS was fun but needed some suspension help. Joe took the KX out in Group 5 and had a blast.

For the second session, Joe took the RS and I went out on the KX. We both liked the RS better for the fun factor and the KX got parked.

This event was awesome! It was like going back in a time warp when I first discovered the sport. I was literally sad when we left. I can't thank those involved with this enough for doing this. I can only hope it becomes an annual event. Below are a few pics.

C7BB6892.JPG

C7BB6926.JPG

C7BB6829.JPG

Back