Malvern or viva lets get the pros to show

kawi330

PR Member
Just seen svr had a decent pro turnout with the 20 min moto paid per moto. Guarantee like 5k make Venmo account people will throw in I think. What you guys think?

Just seen svr had a decent pro turnout with the 20 min moto paid per moto. Guarantee like 5k make Venmo account people will throw in I think. What you guys think?
Also helped that they made it open not just A class only. I raced it and it was stacked I was right outside of the top 5 with mitchy, broc Peterson, justice , gross, and Mercer in front. I was sicker than a dog so the last 3-4 laps of the 14 lap Moto I was hurting. Very frustrating when you don’t have arm pump but physically body shutting down due to being so sick. Oh well I still had a blast and good experience

I love the idea but as it’s been stated in previous posts that doesn’t always draw the crowd you think you might get. Let’s do some quick math

$5000 dollar pro purse.

$15 per person to get in the gate
So if you get 20 pros that’s 300 dollars
Times 50 per entry per pro rider = 1000
Say half of those pros race 2 classes. So say roughly 500 additional dollars. So our total is $1800. I need an additional $3200 to break even.

At at 15 dollar gate fee and 25 per class I would need roughly 175 additional people to come into my race. And an additional 32 riders on top of what normally comes to a race to break even at $5000 pro purse. And that’s is if each of those riders brings 5 people with them to get 175 extra people.

And to get a sponsor to throw 5k at a race is a risky endeavor as your ROI, more than likely won’t be there. If Franks Furnace repair puts up the money will he get a call from one of those people to install a new furnace?? Maybe, but not likely. It’s a great idea on paper but doesn’t always add up in the long run.

But hey, I love see a lot of pros line up. How much you throwing in Kawi? I’ll put you down for $2500?!?! Now we are talking!

Last edited:
I love the idea but as it’s been stated in previous posts that doesn’t always draw the crowd you think you might get. Let’s do some quick math

$5000 dollar pro purse.

$15 per person to get in the gate
So if you get 20 pros that’s 300 dollars
Times 50 per entry per pro rider = 1000
Say half of those pros race 2 classes. So say roughly 500 additional dollars. So our total is $1800. I need an additional $3200 to break even.

At at 15 dollar gate fee and 25 per class I would need roughly 175 additional people to come into my race. And an additional 32 riders on top of what normally comes to a race to break even at $5000 pro purse. And that’s is if each of those riders brings 5 people with them to get 175 extra people.

And to get a sponsor to throw 5k at a race is a risky endeavor as your ROI, more than likely won’t be there. If Franks Furnace repair puts up the money will he get a call from one of those people to install a new furnace?? Maybe, but not likely. It’s a great idea on paper but doesn’t always add up in the long run.

But hey, I love see a lot of pros line up. How much you throwing in Kawi? I’ll put you down for $2500?!?! Now we are talking!
Stop talking truth, people hate it!

I think you're far better offering a free 50cc open class or even 65cc open. Parents and family come with them and they will always sign up for at least one other class. Ctown did it in the past and it worked. All the 50cc classes were double the normal size.

I see it’s Friday and Kawi330 hasn’t committed to putting up the 2500. Guess he’s not gonna do anything cool for Malvern’s last outdoor race.

Back