Stacyc tracks

Hey guys, vetrider here that got my 2 1/2 year old son a stacyc. At what age did you parents take your son to the track for the first time. I am obviously working with him around the yard to get the initial set of skills installed first.

To second this, what pee wee tracks would allow stacycs for toddler?

Any other advice is welcomed! Happy Sunday.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I know route 62 has groups for stacycs but be careful anywhere else that says they allow them. It was a s**t show on the "kids" track at OIR. Douchebags on pit bikes rippin by kids on stacycs and pw's, kids on super minis and 125s.. These tracks need to put signs up and only allow actual kids on these mini tracks. Under 18 only. If there gets to be a crowd, spit it into 50/65 and 85cc up to 110cc new riders only..

My only suggestion is, don't even let your little one on tracks on the stacyc with anything bigger than other newbie 50 riders.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Apple Cabin has a mini mini track that’s perfect for that. It has “jumps” but it’s just small mounds. My little guy rode it on his PW. It’s flat a smooth and it would be good for that.

I know route 62 has groups for stacycs but be careful anywhere else that says they allow them. It was a s**t show on the "kids" track at OIR. Douchebags on pit bikes rippin by kids on stacycs and pw's, kids on super minis and 125s.. These tracks need to put signs up and only allow actual kids on these mini tracks. Under 18 only. If there gets to be a crowd, spit it into 50/65 and 85cc up to 110cc new riders only..

My only suggestion is, don't even let your little one on tracks on the stacyc with anything bigger than other newbie 50 riders.
Yep that's douchbaggery right there. That's what I was worried about. Solid advice. Thanks man.

Apple Cabin has a mini mini track that’s perfect for that. It has “jumps” but it’s just small mounds. My little guy rode it on his PW. It’s flat a smooth and it would be good for that.
That's what I was thinking to. I'm in Medina area so smith and apple cabin are go to's for me and remember seeing a very tame peewee track at apple cabin and thought I'd give that a go. As meister said I just don't want to show up somewhere where there is a pee wee track and have super minis ripping around the young ones.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Bcliff has a nice kids track very good for learning. Svr has a great kids track also. Along with 62. And I don’t know where the closest bmx track is to you but could always start there

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I generally just keep my kid away from tracks with the stacycs. They’re just yard machines in my opinion. I find that the 2.5-3.5 year olds are more focused on doing what they want to do on them. They don’t understand etiquette. They don’t understand not to stop in the track randomly. They do the most bizarre stuff.

Then you add the pitbikes and bigger kids and it turns into a disaster real quick. Gigi almost got clocked at Oir on a Stacyc by another Pw. Not anyone’s fault but mine. Just shouldn’t have put her out there and just expected she would continuously ride without stopping.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Oh totally forgot about a moment at OIR Sunday. Big track the mini bike session was out and one parent thought it was a great idea to send there kid on a pdub out with the 85s and 65s. They were jumping all around him. I watched about 1/4 of a lap and walked back. I wasn’t watching a little kid get landed on. That’s just where I’m like your joking right like who thinks it’s a good idea to have a pdub out with 85s that are jumping everything all it takes is one not to see him rolling a jump.

Oh totally forgot about a moment at OIR Sunday. Big track the mini bike session was out and one parent thought it was a great idea to send there kid on a pdub out with the 85s and 65s. They were jumping all around him. I watched about 1/4 of a lap and walked back. I wasn’t watching a little kid get landed on. That’s just where I’m like your joking right like who thinks it’s a good idea to have a pdub out with 85s that are jumping everything all it takes is one not to see him rolling a jump.
That's just a horrible decision on the parents.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
as a mini dad now.. yeah.. the pit bike / mini bike s**t is out of control on these little tracks.

tracks need to be clear whats allowed/not allowed on the mini track. if they want to allow kids and pit bikes, that's fine, im not saying they should stay home... but split them up into groups just like we do on the big track.

I talked to at least 10 different parents that were pissed off at OIR sunday, Many said they talked to someone about it and that they "would handle it" but nothing changed. The kid flagging said "next time" they'd split it... why not now? Not a SINGLE parent would have been upset if they split it. We NEED these kids to take breaks anyways, they dont want to ever pull off the track.

I had to kick a 125 (2 stroke, big bike) off the mini track. 0 common sense. I spent most of my day chasing around picking up kids, yelling at adults riding like psychos around little kids that are trying to learn how to ride, etc... I'm there to have a good time, if i"m going to have to police the track at least put me on pay roll for the day.

as a mini dad now.. yeah.. the pit bike / mini bike s**t is out of control on these little tracks.

tracks need to be clear whats allowed/not allowed on the mini track. if they want to allow kids and pit bikes, that's fine, im not saying they should stay home... but split them up into groups just like we do on the big track.

I talked to at least 10 different parents that were pissed off at OIR sunday, Many said they talked to someone about it and that they "would handle it" but nothing changed. The kid flagging said "next time" they'd split it... why not now? Not a SINGLE parent would have been upset if they split it. We NEED these kids to take breaks anyways, they dont want to ever pull off the track.

I had to kick a 125 (2 stroke, big bike) off the mini track. 0 common sense. I spent most of my day chasing around picking up kids, yelling at adults riding like psychos around little kids that are trying to learn how to ride, etc... I'm there to have a good time, if i"m going to have to police the track at least put me on pay roll for the day.
Good info. Yes now that I'm a mini dad now I'm noticing these things. When I wasnt a dad I rarely ever noticed the Pee-Wee tracks or paid attention. It is an absolute s*** show. I can sympathize with you because that doesn't sound like a fun day by any means. There is no such thing as common sense anymore.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
In another thread I mentioned while my son like oir, it's always packed due to the limited days. This thread just reinforces that.
Logan has played around on the kids track at oir on his 65, but I keep an eye on him and remind him to use his head.
I have seen some slow riding big bikes on rt62 peewee track, but few and far between. I haven't seen any on Briarcliffs or Grears.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Really wanting to get a stacyc here. It seems like a good learning tool for throttle control
Ride them on your 110’wirh you. And let them do the throttle. That’s how I taught my girls. Then it just makes the stacyc a matter of balance. Kids pick up and understand the throttle very fast if you’re right there on a pitbike with them coaching them. I make it fun. I let them go whiskey throttle. And laugh but then tell them easy easy etc. and they start modulating the throttle like a pro.

Ride them on your 110’wirh you. And let them do the throttle. That’s how I taught my girls. Then it just makes the stacyc a matter of balance. Kids pick up and understand the throttle very fast if you’re right there on a pitbike with them coaching them. I make it fun. I let them go whiskey throttle. And laugh but then tell them easy easy etc. and they start modulating the throttle like a pro.

This is a great idea. I'm going to start doing this with my son. Right now it's dad running behind the stacyc with my hands on the bars trying to get him to watch and learn the throttle. I'm exhausted after 15 minutes of that!

Carlisle

PR Member
I generally just keep my kid away from tracks with the stacycs. They’re just yard machines in my opinion. I find that the 2.5-3.5 year olds are more focused on doing what they want to do on them. They don’t understand etiquette. They don’t understand not to stop in the track randomly. They do the most bizarre stuff.

Then you add the pitbikes and bigger kids and it turns into a disaster real quick. Gigi almost got clocked at Oir on a Stacyc by another Pw. Not anyone’s fault but mine. Just shouldn’t have put her out there and just expected she would continuously ride without stopping.
Absolutely!! I agree. Just yard machines. Sorry to the stacyc dads out there but keep them away from motocross tracks. You’re asking for trouble. When he can ride a pw then bring him.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Absolutely!! I agree. Just yard machines. Sorry to the stacyc dads out there but keep them away from motocross tracks. You’re asking for trouble. When he can ride a pw then bring him.
I think instead of hitting Moto tracks on staycs try out the bmx tracks locally as there ain’t very many people there ever and honestly it’ll probably boost their progress faster also