KTM in financial trouble?

John250

PR Founding Father
Some on here will disagree with me. But I think this economy catches up with people next summer and we see less people racing next year.

Now KTM is struggling financially.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I mean building there world headquarters in California doesn’t help the bottom line. California loves to tax them. But if you like Southern California weather I guess the tax they don’t care about.

1foxracing

PR Addict
I think it's because of their involvement in MotoGP. You think Moto is expensive? It's not even a drop in the bucket compared to MotoGP cost, a pair of front forks cost millions of dollars in MotoGP and that is just one of the cost. I have no idea why KTM is even involved in MotoGP, it's not like they sell any road going sport bikes.
The story I was told is that Ducati is coming to Moto because KTM entered MotoGP. "You came to our playground and now we are coming to yours"

John250

PR Founding Father
KTM probably sells more road bikes than you think.

Ducati has deep pockets. They may make a big splash in moto.

tj131

PR Member
Austria to the US

Attachments

• IMG_1516.jpeg
    IMG_1516.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 0

Toddco327

PR Addict
It’s not always about the bike sales. You need to remember there is a manufacturing process involved. KTM also makes products for other companies we don’t even know about. Or maybe other companies make products for KTM. (Kymco) Maybe those aren’t as profitable as they once were. Maybe terms of contracts have ran out with those companies finding other suppliers. It’s not just about the end product but the behind the scenes cost of running 3 brands in the same tent. Sometimes you need to make cuts and consolidate to boost profits. It’s just a complex game of moving cups around. Imagine running 3 marketing departments for 3 brands. When you could just run 1 brand and with less people. Bonus is you still own the other 2 brands and nobody can use them.