OMA-District X

My thought was that one of the innovative things that got me so excited about the new district x was that mentality, I hope it hasnt been lost!

Way too much to read and catch up on. The only thing that caught my eye was the number of classes. I know you have to have many to make it successful, but I will argue all day long that 25 damn classes it NOT needed. I could cut a few off that, and still have PLENTY of classes for people to choose from. We got to 25 by trying to please EVERYONE, and that is one of the reasons we all complain today. It just makes for a longer day, smaller gates, and shorter motos. Little Johnny (my son is one of them), does not have to have 3 classes to ride.

I will be running a one off event that will suit your wants, it will be a test. If the test does well, we will do more in the future.

Yeah, this thread is looongggg. Good I guess, but I haven't been keeping up. KOC? Would like to see that come about. Also, what about OMX for the district name? Could still mean Ohio Motocross Association? District X...I dunno. Just was a random thought running through my head.

I had another one, but Shaggy needs to go outside and I'm ready for bed. Keep the dream alive. I'm game!! ;)

I think an underlying goal here is to unite everyone under one banner. The practicers, the hardcore racers, the points chasers. "something for everyone" has been the BC mantra from day 1. If we just target only one group, I don't think OMA will reach its full potential. It could be successful in the eyes of most, but still not reach its full potential. In my mind if we can bring all of these groups together, and meet in the middle, then we have something very very cool. Something all of us can be proud of, and we can take pride in being a part of it. Strength in numbers. I think a new chapter is being written. Revolutionary things are occurring. It is exciting, and We will not let you down.

:) We have all got to work at it!!!

Fair enough. We will get with ya on OTC dates, assuming you want to schedule some of your series within OMA. After we have our schedule complete we can meet up, and talk it over. Dont feel obligated to jump on the OMA band wagon. Its an open invitation, you can do what you want with your organization (to be read in a polite and respectful manner).

I appreciate your patience in these communications. We are discussing all of this amongst our group, and trying to get an accurrate assessment of all that is is going on, and the changes, as well as the changes within our own group. It all creates some unique scheduling challenges for us. We are looking into this to see which parts of it are common with our interests, and whether its mutually beneficial, which is why Im asking all the questions. I can make no committments now, but I will be in private contact with you, as well as others to better understand all that is going on. Many individuals have stuck their necks out for us, and me personally before this 3 wheeler stuff become popular, and I am committed to loyally preserving those relationships first, while at the same time creating new ones. We are a group of about 20 irregulars, mostly very modest income at best, spanning 7 states, so geographic location, costs, travel accommodations(camping), and degree of mutual benefit, and just being able to squeeze it into our schedule is our main criteria in schedule selections.

wow its hard to believe all this. i have been doing this for about 25 years i have seen all types. that means people and tracks. this is what i have to say and by no means do i mean any disrespect. the problem with ohio mx is the mx community are not loyal to the tracks because there are to many. we have seen so many good tracks close down and why? ask tim at scenic ask brian at 330 eric at spring valley. rider turn out everyone talks a good game. but nobody walks the walk. all i hear on hear is a bunch of winning. i say who cares about all the politics. lets ride. heres 2 people willing to take a gamble to make our racing community better and all i see is why this why that . i say to everybody that knows why we lost all those great tracks heres another chance lets all do our part to make this a success. cause if it fails we can blame our selves. so lets get pumped knowing we are going to have one of the best racing states there is. im all for a change im excited to have awesome tracks to ride and race on. so lets do our part to make sure this grows

I think your on to something, but I have a slightly different take. We do have a market in Ohio where the track to racer ratio is much higher than most states which simple math says will result in somebody having low turnouts. To improve this ratio you don't have to close tracks, if you can bring more non-racers into racing and work on the other isde of the ratio. I would like to see a more comprehensive effort made to entice non-racer riders into giving the sport a try, and hopefully generate some return racers as opposed to the focus on competing with other tracks for existing racers. Otherwise, you may be improving the sport, but you are not growing the sport, you are simply re-arranging it.

I have much experience in bringing first time racers into the sport. I understand the collection of simple things what keeps them out, and know that a majority will return, whether it be for handful of races, a season, or for years if you can get them on the track one time. I understand what makes them return. I also understand what discourages them from returning. I understand why the quad racing market has remained barely tapped, and its great potential. I have lots of business tested ideas and principles. I have never operated a track, but I know what a customer base is, and how to build one, and its not difficult if you have a product that you believe in, and are convinced that if someone tries it, they will be sold on it.

I appreciate your patience in these communications. We are discussing all of this amongst our group, and trying to get an accurrate assessment of all that is is going on, and the changes, as well as the changes within our own group. It all creates some unique scheduling challenges for us. We are looking into this to see which parts of it are common with our interests, and whether its mutually beneficial, which is why Im asking all the questions. I can make no committments now, but I will be in private contact with you, as well as others to better understand all that is going on. Many individuals have stuck their necks out for us, and me personally before this 3 wheeler stuff become popular, and I am committed to loyally preserving those relationships first, while at the same time creating new ones. We are a group of about 20 irregulars, mostly very modest income at best, spanning 7 states, so geographic location, costs, travel accommodations(camping), and degree of mutual benefit, and just being able to squeeze it into our schedule is our main criteria in schedule selections.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Might as well throw in a rally car class while you're at it. And come to think of it, trophy trucks too.

Well the weather is not gonna keep us down, Jason and I planning to meet again for OMA. Anyone has any good ideas regarding series awards, rules, event themes, membership perks, membership card styles, which 14 classes to cut to keep John250 happy, or where we are gonna get $15,000 to put up $5,000 per race Battle Pro purses, just let me know.......We will be checking the site. Some of this is said in jest, for those who have broken their funny bone.

You can always have a slow race also....who ever takes the longest lap wins....keep the program longer!!! Lol

Back