'24 Loretta Lynns

Carlisle

PR Member
I would have to dig deeper into that one. It depends on what day, time of moto. Hard to compare if they aren’t on the same gate. The track was substantially different per moto, day, track prep, heat, etc.
You can dig as deep as you want. I watched every moto through the week and it didn’t matter the time of day. John250 is correct. Browns times were always close to the 1:55 mark. But the real question y’all should be asking is what happened on the last lap of plus 40? He was 3 seconds ahead of short going into the last lap. Shorty made up that much time in 1 lap. He was in beast mode. It was awesome. It’s like brown just let his ego take over thinking he had it in the bag. Maybe he should retire!!!! Bahaha

John250

PR Founding Father
I would have to dig deeper into that one. It depends on what day, time of moto. Hard to compare if they aren’t on the same gate. The track was substantially different per moto, day, track prep, heat, etc.
They said it was in back to back Motos.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
IMG_2680.png

Moto 2 they were back to back so if you want the comparison look at those motos

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
In that Moto brown ran a 1:56 lap time. In the 250 pro Moto that would put him in about 5th place based on his fastest lap. Obviously dudes got tons of speed and always has. I always do like though you take a rough track that’s not Loretta’s and has more separators and more open and then see the lap times. Such as minios what his lap time is there vs the pro class

John250

PR Founding Father
Anyone else catch on PulpMX they were saying the OEMs are wanting to set the gates for moto 1 by how you finish at the regionals? They said that there are guys there that are there to win and those that are just happy to be there and they are on two totally different levels. Using the pitch, it's not safe for Joe blow to get gate pick one and factory KTM guy to get gate pick 39. I call BS. All these kids at Lorettas are capable. Sorry, it's the luck of the draw.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I will beat the horse a little more. Watched a video about Loretta's. Mike Brown's lap times put him 6th in Pro Sport at 52 years old. But the guy is racing B riders! Go ride a class where you have competition! He has become the ultimate sandbagger.
He did have competition. He let up with 3 feet left to go. And lost. And I wasn’t even being lapped.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Anyone else catch on PulpMX they were saying the OEMs are wanting to set the gates for moto 1 by how you finish at the regionals? They said that there are guys there that are there to win and those that are just happy to be there and they are on two totally different levels. Using the pitch, it's not safe for Joe blow to get gate pick one and factory KTM guy to get gate pick 39. I call BS. All these kids at Lorettas are capable. Sorry, it's the luck of the draw.
I’m also pumped they still don’t use grates on the gate. Packing the gate is an art. And it’s the start of a good routine between rider and mechanic.

Carlisle

PR Member
why is no one giving there opinion on why short was able to close the 3 second gap on “immature “ brown on the last lap? We are talking about a factory, very fast factory rider in his day, losing 3 seconds in the final lap!! What happened?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
why is no one giving there opinion on why short was able to close the 3 second gap on “immature “ brown on the last lap? We are talking about a factory, very fast factory rider in his day, losing 3 seconds in the final lap!! What happened?
3 seconds is easy to get gobbled up on that track with a mistake.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Anyone that was at Lorettas. How was the pit bike, golf cart, side by side situation this year with the new rules?
I was at Loretta's on Thursday and Friday only, and I can say that although I don't agree with the route they took (only got carts and certain side by sides), the traffic around the ranch was much better this year. People were in golf carts or bicycles and there wasn't anything crazy in terms of people on pit bikes going too fast or weaving around other things. The traffic was better and under control compared to the last few years. I really believe that they should allow it back to 50's and 110's like it used to be in the old days, No MOD PIT BIKES that are fast or loud, just easy slow little bikes to move people. The size of the rigs now are enormous all of them to be able to bring all of these golf carts / side by sides along with race bikes and everything else. Parking goes all the way past Loretta's House (a huge distance from the track) due to the size of everyone's rigs. There is almost no one there in a Van with a trailer like most of us were back in the 90's, with a Honda 50 to get around on.

Traffic was BETTER with the new rules!