i need some help -ashlee

Lotts24

PR Elite
hey guys , this is ashlee. i'm looking into doing post secondary next year for my senior year of high school to get started in some of the basic classes but i need some help . i really wanted to do athletic training but they dont make anything, or an orthopedic surgeon but im thinking i dont wanna work my life away. soooo , i really want to get into like the business aspect or media for the pros in supercross and or mx. i just want to be around something that i love, and i am hoping to get a little qualification for a position in that area but have absolutely no idea what jobs are even available . so i have no idea where to start. anyone know any jobs or relative areas of study that may get me started to eventually work my way into the big stuff ? all help is appreciated !
-ashlee
p.s.-guys, i'm NOT considering the hooters aspect of any moto career as i am highly unqualified for those types of positions (;

The smartest thing I could tell you to do, is to do something like the OD, then turn it around and get involved in racing. Take PIT here on this site. He's into computers, does it for a living I believe. Then he turned it around and has this wounderful website. Or, like Davey Coombs, took journlism in college at WVU, and turned it around and now runs racerX. A lot of people do it. Look at the guys at the Asterisk medical team. A lot of the doctors have been involved in racing for awhile. Whether its an OD or in management, get the degree, then do it.

well thats my plan , just looking to kno the jobs that are even needed . like i said, i have no idea what i wanna get into anymore just looking for ideas or something i may be interested in . i dont kno that i want to work all the time when i get through school and have no life besides my career so possibly something a little less intense

I dont know but you should email every magezine there is with your question and some smaller race teams and such. I guess thats what i would do to find out. Or try gary semics maybe he can answer or take a shot at someone like steve matthis. He seems to know alot about the industry and it seems like he is actually someone you can get a hold of or you can call into his pulp mx show which also seems pretty easy to get on. Just send out some emails or make some calls im sure you will get a hold of someone that either knows or can point you in the right direction.

That is good advice. I also went to school for what your are talking about and the biggest key is to just get your name out there and make connections with people and get as much information as you can to use to your advantage.

Back