Trails to Ride in NE Ohio

I'm interested in the same thing. My nephew and brother in law have KLX110's (haha!) now-- and would like some easy and fun trails to ride that are close to home. For some reason-- they don't like the local pit bike track.

Years ago I rode at a spot just across the PA border called Shenango Valley. I have no idea if you can still ride there or not. It was alotta fun though. Briarcliff has the nicest trails I've ever ridden on in my limited trail riding experience... but it's really far away. I've been out on my mountain bike looking for spots close to my house. Nothing really special though.

Do you know of any places close by where I could take them on their 110's, and I could ride my beloved 150F? --Tony C.

You guys know about Crow Canyon in Uhrichsville, right? Then there is Bear Creek just south of Canton. I've never been to Bear Creek personally, but was thinking about trying it out. Their site is http://www.bearcreek.us/

Mines and meadows is the biggest place to trail ride close to Cleveland they claim 70 miles of trail I think which I don't see but it's big Nd they have a lot of trails and nothing there is crazy. Their hard trails there usually mean mud and rutted out if even that. I always come across new stuff there everytime I go cause the place is confusing. It's only a hour ten minutes from streetsboro.

Bear creek is close but is not great. Good to go for just a place to ride for a few hours. Nothing is really marked there and they have a Mx track that i don't think ever gets prepped.

I live in streetsboro and been trying to find some open land I could just go practice on before work once a week but can't find anything on the map really

If your going south on Rt 43. near Malvern MX, the road you would turn left on to go to Malvern, make a right and your on Elson St. There was a place (called Elson St.) I used to go to like 4 years ago. Not sure if it's still open. Crow Canyon is fun though. Bear Creek had a huge hillclimb.

You'd have a good time at Crow Canyon Tony. The trails would be fun on the beloved 150F and they have nice Pee Wee track if you wanna mix it up a bit.

If your going south on Rt 43. near Malvern MX, the road you would turn left on to go to Malvern, make a right and your on Elson St. There was a place (called Elson St.) I used to go to like 4 years ago. Not sure if it's still open. Crow Canyon is fun though. Bear Creek had a huge hillclimb.

Elson St has been closed a couple years now.

Bear Creek is fun for half a day on small bikes, but not great. Sometimes the track there is decent, other times its erroded badly.

Crow Canyon is decent, but they don't allow 3 wheelers.

Best bang for the buck is Lightning Raceway in Tippecanoe. Lots of great HS trails, some can be a bit challenging, $10 per day, and free overnight camping. They also have a great MX track, but it may or may not be groomed, depending on next event and nunber of people, there which is usually very few.

I've been to Crow Canyon before. I loved the place. The MX track was my kinda track too. Good flow, elevation changes, doable (by me) jumps. It was nice. I spent a few minutes on the trails-- but I barely remember what they were like.

How far away time wise from Medina is Crow? Problem I have is that my nephew and brother in law have a short attention span for right now, and they seem to be happier riding their 110's in the empty field up the street, rather than driving a couple hours to ride someplace nice. I think my nephew is starting to get focused the more he rides. I'd like for him to ride at different places, and move up to a KLX140 or 150F at the end of the year. A KLX110 is fun, but only on pit bike tracks or backyard tracks. I'd like to start riding some moderately challenging trails, and I think my peeps would appreciate it too-- if I could just get them to see the difference between what's nice and what's sucky.... --L*64

Elson St has been closed a couple years now.

Bear Creek is fun for half a day on small bikes, but not great. Sometimes the track there is decent, other times its erroded badly.

Crow Canyon is decent, but they don't allow 3 wheelers.

Best bang for the buck is Lightning Raceway in Tippecanoe. Lots of great HS trails, some can be a bit challenging, $10 per day, and free overnight camping. They also have a great MX track, but it may or may not be groomed, depending on next event and nunber of people, there which is usually very few.

When is Lightning Raceway open for riding?

Lightning is open everyday you just stop at the trailer on top of the hill and sign and pay.. Trails are awesome if you like a challenge, Motocross is good they just refaced all of the jumps and added some new. He will prep for practice if it does not conflict with CRA schedule and if he gets enough riders.

Wow, I didn't know they were open all the time. I thought they just had mx and harescramble races. Do they have opening and closing times?

Wow, I didn't know they were open all the time. I thought they just had mx and harescramble races. Do they have opening and closing times?

Dawn to dusk for riding, and you can camp over free. Self serve sign in if nobody is there.

Wellsville is OPEN RIDING NOW...And its all legit now...ITs has Monster trails and Hills...Check out their website look it up...WELLSVILLE.com You will be surprised,I know what ya heard but its Legit now.

Try Majestic Trails in PA. It's the same distance as Wayne, doesn't require any special passes, has a motorcross track and tons of woods riding, all ONE WAY too. Log onto their site for more information:

http://majestictrails.com/

Back