Theres not a season that goes by, that I don't think of you.

Jon16

PR Founding Father
I was in the area this morning, so I took a detour to see how you changed. You still look the same, except for some wrinkles. I will never forget the memories we shared.

Anyway, I took this picture this AM. Water trucks, buildings are still there. Nothing looks different except the massive rain ruts, and the sign out front is gone. I wish soooo bad that Scenic would open again. Even for one practice every 2 months or something. Scenic's flow was unlike any other, and I sure do miss it.

scenic1.jpgscenic2.jpg

SaboMX801

PR Member
right on! the races there were amazing. Tim was one cooled dude. long live the back section up to the 100 ft. table top at scenic!!!

Jon what was that track you talked about a couple of months ago in Alabama that was cool place to go for a 4 day weekend?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Jon it's funny you did this, I've come up north on 77 a few times and passed the exit and almost got off to go look. Surprised he hasn't sold the water trucks.

I agree that the most recent version of Scenic had one of the best layouts of any track I've ever ridden. I loved the flow of the track as well, it just fit me perfectly.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
I remember my first time as well, we passed the driveway like 5 times because it was like 3AM when we got there that night and we were like umm no way thats it. Finally went up there, went to bed. I just remmeber waking up and being like holy crap, weere on top of the world!! What a sight to see when you wake up. I really wish it would open up every now and again as well. along with beachwood trails lol.. and 330 for that matter because they dropped off last year

Jon16

PR Founding Father
right on! the races there were amazing. Tim was one cooled dude. long live the back section up to the 100 ft. table top at scenic!!!

Jon what was that track you talked about a couple of months ago in Alabama that was cool place to go for a 4 day weekend?

Monster Mountain.

loneranger171

PR Addict
Only had the pleasure to ride there 1 time.... Awesome flow and a good time on my 450.... Would love to write it on my 125 and see how the 2 stroke would do onI those off cambers

Kamppi135

PR Member
Jon I'm with ya on Scenic...some of my favorite memories are from that place! Thanks for the heads-up on Monster Mountain. Headed there on Feb 17th.

Dug these out of the super secret Scenic 2001 archives: 10 YEARS ago (bunch more in the albums).
Tim:
MVC-266F.jpg

Jon16:
MVC-337S.JPG

Old slow dude:
MVC-351S.JPG

New 2012 ride:
2012_KTM_250_SX_1024x768.jpg

I'll call about the '04 RM250 as soon as I get your number (long, small world, funny story...)

MX315

PR Addict
Jon is giving all of us a clue..............Set up the weekend and dates.....Show up,It's all still there,pay the farmer down the road!!!!! We ride HER one more time!!!!! Think about it,If Jon had his bike and it was spring...he would have been blowing berms!!!!

suzukirmz450

PR Member
Bruce, nice to see you back. The KTM looks awesome. My first race and win was at the Scenic Vet National Weekend w/ TJ Summers. Damn I miss that place......

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I sure do miss Scenic Highlands too, it was my favorite race track in Ohio ever.......... bummed that it's gone and wishing that someone would give it a go again there.

FERGYMOTO

PR Addict
I'm with ya Crute lol. It always sucked racing against only a few guys. Matter of fact, last time I raced 250B (what is now 450B) at Scenic it was a total of five of us. I think it would be a real struggle to make money with an MX track these days. No one is going to open up to lose money

jfalat

PR Addict
i often think of scenic... its was one of the best tracks around... i always felt comfortable riding there. to bad someone cant bring her back... i know i wouldn't miss the opportunity to ride one more time there...Anyone know if Tim still has any interest in opening it back up...