Suspension revalve?

stangbro01

PR Addict
So im looking into getting the suspension done on my kx125. any suggestions on who builds good suspension? cant decide to stay local like fcr or parma dave or go with someone bigger like pro circuit or factory connection.

try fti out of thomasville,nc they can dyno your suspension & will be perfect when you get it back everytime.

Parma Dave or KRW in Englewood. Have heard good things about Parma Dave. I have ridden multiple units rom KRW and have been blown away every time. No need to mess about with Factory Connection, PC, etc... Lots of local talent to work with.

Recently had bob at fcr do mine. Used to have Pr2 do it. All I can say is FCR is night and day better than pr2. Bob did it all right in front of me and the stuff works really good.

Iv tried locals and have had buddies use locals and i wasnt impressed with the results, maybe just bad luck. But i'll stick with what works and thats factory connection for me, great people and very reasonable prices.

I have had great success with factory connection east .I was always stubborn on the type of oil but we started using their $ fork and shock oil and it is worth the $. If you get a hold of the right person their they will talk to on what you really want before you send.Nothing against any one local these guys know what works.Idea? maybe ride that bike first and see what you don't like and they can dial it in from their>>>

factory connection sent me a box to ship mine to them,but they charge you a core charge if you don't send it back.

I use a plastic gun case to send mine in. Local guys may use the same parts but they dont have the research or the different specs for valving. Guess if your not getting a revalve anyone could do it. If your getting a revalve done id go with a big company that has years if experience and testing

What you guys are all missing is this

Everyone likes their bike set up differently ! If you use an out of area shop you are going to need to send your stuff back every time you need a tweak. No matter who you have do the valving it will need adjusted, it wont be 'perfect' because no two riders like the same settings on the same bike. If you use a local reputable shop they will do a couple of adjustments to the valving usually for free. Much easier than sending it to cali for that, plus the big guys charge you for that too.

Also you need to remember the same rider will not like the same settings on 2 identical bikes. The tolerance on the fork and shock bodies isnt tight enough from the factory.

Use Pro Action , FCR or even Parma Dave. All local good guys who stand behind their work !

If you think this isnt true then you dont need to revalve your stuff any way. You wont notice enough difference ! LOL

Or just learn to do it yourself, its not that hard.

Ha. I wouldn't say do it yourself. I'd say go to Parma Dave or FCR where I know they'll do it in front of you and explain exactly what their doing. Dave is awesome, he will even give you a beer!!

My buddy just did his own seals and changed the form oil and somehow he didn't torque down the rebound adjuster to the base valve. Well needless to say he thought he tightened it down enough. It let go in 2.8 hrs. Resulted in needing a new base valve. Bob at FCR tore it all down in front of him, told him he's a bonehead it he wouldn't make that mistake again. Hooked him up with just base valve rod that needed instead of forcing him to buy the entire assembly that costs 400+ through the Yamaha dealer.
Local Guys are the best. But FCR has satellite branches all over the US. take it right to bob and your getting big company product with the local guy service!!!

My point was LEARN to do it yourself. Obviously your friend never learned ! LOL.

If you are mechanically inclined it is easy ! I would rather do it than a top end, its as easy as a 2 stk top end and far easier than a 4 stk top end!
Race tech can hook you up with everything including new valves and all the shim stack settings you could want. FCR will sell you the new valves with the shim stacks installed you just put em on.

But then again some of people arent that good with the tools !

Back