Tracks of Yester-Year

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I used to run the water truck for Mike and I’d get there at 10 am and we would water (2 trucks and Mike on the disc) constantly until practice started around 4.

And when it would rain..he’d be out all that fuel in those two gas guzzler water trucks.....he’d still pay me $60 and let me ride for free on other days. Damn I miss that place. Everyday something would break too. Then one day we showed up and all the batteries were stolen off the trucks....he went to the damn store bought 3 really expensive batteries. We watered all day.....and for $20 a rider I don’t think he even broke even that day.....

And we wonder why these places are disappearing!!!

four26stroker

PR Member
When it came to a consistent track prep DirtWorld was always good...Kinda like a old ghost town pic, the amount of battles. Clearing that no look double or that rhythm triple before the finish line for the first time. Good Memories of that place.

MX315

PR Addict
53BDE331-811E-4305-AEC8-953209431E8C.jpeg
Only photo I have a Broken Spokes

There was another MX track which only ran a few times deep in the 'Heart of Hell'.... Cloverleaf Speedway in beautiful Cleveland Ohio. Track surface was terrible, had cider blocks sticking up out of it but it was a place to race.

The track was out behind the stock car track next to Mt. Cloverleaf where they actually ran AMA sanctioned Hillclimbs.

Speedway bikes, and a shorttracks were run on a small 1/8th. mile oval in the middle of the stock car track along with some of the original hooligan chopper races. There is nothing like watching a drunk guy barrel roll his full dress Harley.

hindsy

PR Addict
Once I finally ventured all the way to Dirtworld I wanted to ride there more. Such a well worked track. I was riding all over the place back then. Pa and those Ohio border tracks. I jumped that big double there at dirt world. took forever to nut up and do it... Sad that so many of these tracks have gone away. Kinda wonder what it is that makes other tracks stick around...

Toddco327

PR Addict
9E038AB7-3ED9-43E7-B07F-C22A5BA36406.jpeg
8C051212-C5E3-491D-878A-5B4373E38C84.jpeg
I once rented out dirtworld with a bunch of friends. Maybe 20 of us did it. One of the most fun days of riding I’ve ever had. We still talk about it. Putting all the logistics together was a challenge. Pre group text days. But it was such a fun track.