Tracks of Yester-Year

DC817

PR Addict
C85EF184-85D6-44EE-9916-19D3E7CF18FA.png
Scenic was great. One of my favorite tracks ever. Hated seeing these auction pics from a few years back...

XPROMXR

Noob
Mi
You can still see Track #2 on your way to Red Bud..... they just don't ride there anymore. Think Toledo Airport exit........... and you'll get it.

And Track #1 was right off of I-77 just South of New Philadelphia exit......... had a barn with Name of a raceway on it for years, circle track place! You can get that one too....... then.

Seems that there are plenty of Track #3 for sure posts already!
Thias
#1 got to be Mathias raceway ! After thinking about it and robins clue it hit me ! I raced hare scrambles there for years but never moto.
You are correct Hersh.

Erock,(Eric Klein) formerly Spring Valley Raceway is now at Outlaw MX in Waynesburg! We are getting ready for the Fire & Police Race June 21st and 22nd! Race, raffles and lots of fun!!! Great track, all new by Erock!! Open practice most Saturdays!

TPMX #8

PR Addict
What ever happened to Bill Rose?
Didnt he run Spring Valley for a awhile?
I think that was his name,rode a Honda
He use to chase me around that track at practice all the time,super nice guy.
Sure miss Spring Valley,Dirt world too.
Been thinking about getting back out but where does everyone ride?
Vet riders still around?
Sceneic Highlands was a great place

pape718

PR Member
What ever happened to Bill Rose?
Didnt he run Spring Valley for a awhile?
I think that was his name,rode a Honda
He use to chase me around that track at practice all the time,super nice guy.
Sure miss Spring Valley,Dirt world too.
Been thinking about getting back out but where does everyone ride?
Vet riders still around?
Sceneic Highlands was a great place
He has his own butcher shop in Alliance, ohio and his kid is on his way to being a Olympic swimmer kid is unbelievable

Meister

PR Founding Father
Heard his kid has beat some Phelps records.. Bill also recently dealt with some health issues but last time I saw him he was kicking ass. Our Christmas prime rib always comes from his shop.

TPMX #8

PR Addict
What is the name of his shop and where is it at in Alliance?
Need a good place to buy some meat and wouldnt mind bs-ing with him some
always a nice guy to ride with
we ran alot of laps around Spring Valley in the day

There was a track on Grafton road just west of Marks road in either Brunswick [Liverpool] or Columbia Station. Not sure of the name, it was short lived probably around 1970. George Singler may of had something to do with it

Close to the intersection of Marks and Grafton there was a company named HOSS Industries and they used to make motocross footpegs. They were not making any trick lightweight pegs, they were making just a steel peg with a tooth pattern on it so that your boots would grip them. Keep in mind that a lot of the early mx bike were converted enduro bikes which were really street bikes and they came with rubber footpegs which were horrible in the wet.

Last edited:

four26stroker

PR Member
Wow that’s DirtWorld....that was a fun place. I got invited to a rented limited bike day everyone split the cost. Owner was a super nice guy who mentioned the amount of time and maintenance to me...heck that was 20yrs ago. What’s the No prep rental going for these days?