'02 RM250. KYB vs. Showa

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Does anyone have experience with both KYB and Showa suspension for the RM's? Alot of stuff I read says making the switch is worth it. Being I just got the right size springs for my KYB stuff, im wondering how "worth it" will it be to pay the extra money for the Showa swap.

Or do I just get my KYB stuff revalved and be done with it.

Both KYB and Showa make quality suspension. Specifically your open chamber KYB forks have an older technology then 2004 and newer RM 250 Showa closed chamber (cartridge) fork. So I would have to say YES the Showa is a better route in this case, although some riders prefer the open chamber fork for enduro/woods riding.

I am not saying KYB suspension is inferior, the early 2000's was just a transition period when companies where starting to gravitate to the newer cartridge kit fork technology. In fact the current KYB forks/shock on the 2014/15 YZF's is some of the best oem suspension ever made.

I'd have to agree, I've ridden both and the Cartridge Showa forks are a much better option. If you can afford it, I'd say go for it dude. The technology is leaps and bounds better in the Showa's.

Back