BEST ACCIDENT INSURANCE???????

sq2208

PR Member
I got hurt last year at apple cabin and broke my clavicle in 3 pieces and was out of work for months. It was the worst time of my life with not having income. I was just curious to what the best company is for supplemental income to pay bills. is there any other company's besides Aflac?

I have Allstate, pays very well. It is better than Aflac and only costs $5 a week but you can only purchase it through an employer.

I am a broker and represent 34 different carriers. Aflac is great, pays claims well, but the duck is not cheap. Aflac group, is actually CAIC, and if you work for an employer over 100 employees then aflac has probably switched you over. Aflac group, not as easy to get claims paid. As Hershey mentioned Allstate has one of the strongest policies on the market but the group policy he is reffering to would need to be payroll deducted through your employer. Many of the top policies are group chasis products. Allstate is nice, it's a hybrid that's a group product, that works more like an individual plan.

Sounds like you need disability insurance to keep a pay check coming in while your off. There are some accident policies that you can have a disability rider on, but it's for accidents and not sicknesses.

I've sold some individual accident policies to a couple pitracer guys from colonial because I can sell it direct and they can pay yearly or have it bank drafted. They have three levels to choose from and a lot of riders.

One thing to remember, no accident policy is going to pay while "competiting" in motorsports. Some even state something to the effect of on a speed test, like on a track.

I've always told people if they are practicing, and have an accident.....they go to the emgency room from a practice crash and say I fell off my motorcycle the claim will be paid. But when your in a race your not Covered per policy language.

That being said, I've had tons of practice claims paid over the years.

I did not like Aflac it took them 4 months to process my claim
Wow. There had to be a reason, waiting on proper paperwork from doctor or something from you. Aflac and Allstate are both VERY good at paying claims in a timely manner if all the documentation and claim forms are correct. That's where your employer needs to use a broker like us, BOST Benefits, because we actually are set up different that Aflac. We have a claims department that will assist in all our clients in filing claims to keep things like this from happening.

Allstate has never taken more than a week for me.

You need to get your employer to look at picking it up. It costs them NOTHING and its cheap for the employees. When I asked them to come in and present it to my employees they ALL bought it. Its that cheap and good.

thanks everyone I will look into all the info. I also heard about a company called ridersurance anyone have any experience with them?

ridersurance I believe is a company just marketing supplemental policies. I could be wrong. If your employer is looking to hear about some options in the voluntary benefits market, let me know. We have people around Ohio and I could hook you up with someone.

I've also had a bad experience with Aflac which involved them yanking me around for 5 months and that was even with my employer being involved for several months. Worst service I've ever had from an insurance company. Canceled the policy after that run around.

That's why we have claims people that work directly for us........to assist our clients on issues just like that, and to handle it for them. We are one of the top 5 producers nationally with Allstate. They get to our request pretty quick.

we used Aflac for 2 years...1st year we had no problems, I beat almost all the feathers off that duck. second year sucked..they constantly had us jumping thru hoops so we dropped them.

Hershey how can I hook up with what your talking about? ,my employer does not use allstate. im more looking for insurance just threw me separate from my employer to pay me directly in case of another injury resulting in missed work

I am a broker and represent 34 different carriers. Aflac is great, pays claims well, but the duck is not cheap. Aflac group, is actually CAIC, and if you work for an employer over 100 employees then aflac has probably switched you over. Aflac group, not as easy to get claims paid. As Hershey mentioned Allstate has one of the strongest policies on the market but the group policy he is reffering to would need to be payroll deducted through your employer. Many of the top policies are group chasis products. Allstate is nice, it's a hybrid that's a group product, that works more like an individual plan.

Sounds like you need disability insurance to keep a pay check coming in while your off. There are some accident policies that you can have a disability rider on, but it's for accidents and not sicknesses.

I've sold some individual accident policies to a couple pitracer guys from colonial because I can sell it direct and they can pay yearly or have it bank drafted. They have three levels to choose from and a lot of riders.

One thing to remember, no accident policy is going to pay while "competiting" in motorsports. Some even state something to the effect of on a speed test, like on a track.

I've always told people if they are practicing, and have an accident.....they go to the emgency room from a practice crash and say I fell off my motorcycle the claim will be paid. But when your in a race your not Covered per policy language.

That being said, I've had tons of practice claims paid over the years.
What if you're self employed?

Just curious if anyone had any updates on this topic. I talked with aflac about accident insurance and it includes accidental life insurance as well(150000). I have disability insurance through work but was curious about some other options. Aflac quoted the wife and I at 65 a month

Had Aflac through work, but this year they switched to UNIM Accident. Don't know if it's any better or worse, but it's $4 a month cheaper.

Back