Durhamtown Convoy?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I am trying to find a few places down south to go ride this winter where the kids don't have to share with big bikes. Durhamtown looks like a fun location and they have several tracks just for the little guys. Anyone been there? Please give me some feed back on it, and or, if you know of a better place.
Anyway, it would be cool to get a group of us Yankees to all drive down for a long weekend. I am planning on going somewhere the weekend of December 11, 12 and 13. Practice by day and bench race with beer by the camp fire by night. Anyone in? Dates are VERY flexible.

Durham is nice. Lots of trails and tracks. Bike shop and restaurant. It gets real slick (Georgia lay) if it rains and they will close up parts of the facility. Overall good with plenty of seat time for the little ones.

If the weather is good think about JWTF in NC. Jimmy has water and electric for people with RV's and cabins for people with out. The track is always prepped. Great place to ride.

Durhamtown would be great for kids. They dont prep many of the tracks, only 2 up front and even then on certain days. But it wasnt crowded when we went since they had 6 mx tracks. Im not sure what type of kids turn out they get.

I would be in on this, let me know what transpires.

We've been there several times, very nice place when the weather is nice. If it's wet it's slick, and trails are limited. Kids track open all the time but it was greasy. Trails are all one direction and rated for skill level, so you could take the little ones on a loop.

I know this wouldn't be a weekend trip but Paxtrax in Florida had a kids only track, then an intermediate track and then the main. Jonathan really liked it there but a long trip.

I agree, we went to durhamtown for years, Now we go to highland park. The trails are way better, and they don't shut down for the weather!

They have a couple tracks, Georgia style hard pack, not a fan. There good for winter riding but don't compare to Ohio. The trails are awesome though, two outer loops that any age could ride. Then the trail loops are all graded like ski slopes, 1-6 stars. 1 star anyone could ride, and 6star if it's wet you better be an A rider with new tires! All trails are one way and very well marked. Tougher trailers will have drop out choices to get off that trail. Good times for sure.

How is it for 50's? That place looks cool
They have a peewee track. The bigger motocross track is huge and wide. Like others mentioned, the outer loop of the whole complex is a blast in and of it self. We went with some friends that love the woods and were in heaven there. I didn't care for riding them because I am a moto guy. The easier trails were fun, but some of the single track stuff were serious butt clinchers. Thank gawd for the KTM magic button on those trails. Trying to kick start a bike on a couple of those hill sides would have been impossible!

image.jpg

5 diamond, sorry my bad!

Back