2007 yz 125 clutch issues!!!!!!

hershey

PR Elite
If that is all new then something isnt put together properly.

Id be glad to look at it for you sometime.

k01

PR Elite
What hershey said again.
But really these bikes are slow junk and those clutches will never work. Just look at this really, really old, weighs more than his bike guy trying a dead engine start last week.
:)

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
K01 you’re so right. That thing is a dog. Here is a video of me on my ktm 450f factory edition. Dead engine start. Electric button and horsepower baby. Smoked everything outta the whole. Totally woulda dogged and been last place around the first turn if I was on an ancient kick start small bore tiddler....

So OP did you ever get your stuff figured out ?

jms158bmx

PR Member
sq2208
What was your fix ? we have a 2006 YZ125 that has new everything as far as clutch goes. There is nothing left to replace period, basket, hub, pressure plate, bearings, spacers, washers, actuator arm, fibers, steels, cable, it`s all new. Basket is Weisco, all other parts are OEM. Fibers and metals are Tusk. Still can`t get free play out, it`s like the cable is too long. Maybe the Tusk fibers and steels are junk but they measure within tolerance according to the manual.

Junk tusk plates. Read my previous post

JSR

Noob
Thanks everyone for the replies. New OEM clutch kit on the way.
My first day on your site and you guys are brutal
I’m also a 50 something old guy who likes big bore 4 strokes and has earned the right to be a little lazy.
The 125 is a father son project after he tore his ACL second race of the season and had to have surgery. He’s 13 and coming off a 2015 yz85 and weighs 105 lbs. so I think it will be just fine for his first big boy bike.
Thanks again for the insight everyone.

sq2208

PR Member
i sold the bike to ram jam but thanks! now i have a 18 crf 250 that just had to be fixed for recall on clutch lol