Round 8 at Georgia Dome

Dano762

PR Addict
Should of got out of the way when the first blue flag was waved at him.
Was here watching a great battle between Musquin and Dungey. Weimer was lapped perfectly and didn't interfere with the battle for first.

From my view Stewart ruined a great finish, haven't seen a replay. Don't know what Stewart was thinking!

MX099

PR Addict
Let's see what the rules say.

4.17 Flags and Lights a. Solid Blue Flag :

1. Indicates you are about to be overtaken by faster riders.

1. When conditions allow, move out of the fast line.

2. Hold your line (don’t ride erratically) and do not impede the faster riders progress.

3. Riders disregarding the blue flag may be black-flagged at the discretion of Race Director.

Was he in the fast lane? ( looked left to me?)
    Did he hold his line? (I'd say yes. He might have even made a better turn in the corner)
    Was he penalized by a race official? ( this is a fineable offense, wouldn't they want the easy money?)

Matt Snyder

PR Member
I just rewatched the last few laps. JS was getting the blue flag before the long straight going into the final turn on lap 19. Seems he could have let them by there before the finish line. Either way it sucks to see what could have been a great finish ruined.

John250

PR Founding Father
He could have pulled over like most back markers and let them by. Looked to me that when he saw the leaders coming, he actually sped up to try and not be lapped. Didn't want his pride hurt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

hershey

PR Elite
Watch the replay, he was clearly out of the way before the jump, he slowed up and let #25 by through the corner. Marvin had a clear track exiting the corner and taking off the jump.

So funny the haters. It's his fault when the camera guy ran in front of him, it's his fault when Dungey drills him on the exit of a corner and it's his fault Marvin came up short on the triple.

Funny s**t

Marvin had it in the bag a screwed up, it sucks but it's racing.

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
From our seats he took the inside slow line and let the leaders take the preferred line. He should have slowed down too though. He had no chance of catching anybody in front.

John250

PR Founding Father
I just watched it again. Sure looks like that right after the finish, he should have pulled to the inside and let them both go down the straight, and he did not. He had already got the Blue flag a couple times. He then got white and blue over finish and did not just pull over. Bubba was in 14th, and sped up with leaders on his tail. Watching the replay, decoster has got to be breathing easier. There very easily could have been 3 riders on the ground. That's was close.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

MXracn746

PR Addict
In my opinion, Stewart was OK. Could he have just pulled over, yes. But he's a racer like the rest of them, and he has an agenda going into the race like everyone else. Maybe his was to not get lapped his first race back, or finish top ten. Who really knows. But, maybe after a few turns with the blue flag waving at him so much, he decided enough. But he did hold his line down the straight where Muskin got out of control. Wasn't his fault. JS7 was hugging the bales, Muskin was in his same line he took all race. In my opinion, if your so much faster than the lapper your coming up on, then pass him right away, whatever way you have to do, and don't wait on him to just pull over.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Watch the replay, he was clearly out of the way before the jump, he slowed up and let #25 by through the corner. Marvin had a clear track exiting the corner and taking off the jump.

So funny the haters. It's his fault when the camera guy ran in front of him, it's his fault when Dungey drills him on the exit of a corner and it's his fault Marvin came up short on the triple.

Funny s**t

Marvin had it in the bag a screwed up, it sucks but it's racing.

Same argument dipshit. If you say a cameraman made Stewart mess up then Stewart made Marvin mess up by racing through whoops a left turn all the way to a damn difficult triple.