Thoughts on the Drr dirt bikes.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Got a lead on a left over 2015 Drr 50 for half price. Friend is wanting to get her son something bigger then his current pw50 that he has for her house. (He has a older KTM 50 at his dads that he is just starting to take to) He is 7 now so this is the last year he can be on a pw50 racing. I see their 4 wheelers are good, assuming its the same motor and such on the dirt bikes.

Last edited:
We have been seeing a few of the drr 50's showing up at our indoor series this year. They seem to be doing ok. There is a new drr dealer in the zanesville area also

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I saw the one at the last few races. She wasnt really thinking about them until after we all had left the race so I never talked to the guy. I'm hoping he will be at the last race and I will chat with him then.

I would say as long as that dealer can get you parts at a reasonable time and price then sure. If this kid is just racing locally I think they would be a fine bike, very affordable. However for more serious racing you would want to go with a newer KTM or Cobra.....

Find a used ktm mini adventure, they are lighter and easier for them to handle. Very tame too. They stopped making them in 2006.

He would just be doing a couple races this year at the fairs maybe and the rest would be in the back yard.

I dont see any adventures on CL. Closest thing is a 04 50 pro jr. for $1250, for a 12 year old bike. The Drr I found is $800 for a new unit.

I dont see a down side. The dr will be less noisy and easier to ride. Anything 2 wheels

The DRR is an entry level bike that may be well suited for a beginner who races occasionally. Cobra and KTM are more of a race ready competition bike that can compete at top level events out of the box. I dont see a DRR dirtbike winning any national titles in the 50jr or 50sr classes anytime in the foreseeable future. DRR is best known for their line of ATV's that people buy and completely overhaul to make scream machines to compete at major events around the country. #Motosports MD is a cobra and DRR dealer that can get you the parts you need to repair all brands of bikes. If you have any questions, call me at the shop.
works 1.jpg
2016-Cobra-King.jpg 2016-Cobra-King.jpg drr.jpg drx 70.jpg 2016-Cobra-CX65.jpg

Attachments

• 2016_Cobra_P3_1-1152x864.jpg
    2016_Cobra_P3_1-1152x864.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 570
  • 2016-Cobra-JR.jpg
    2016-Cobra-JR.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 532
Back