How about those time bomb yz250fs

sq2208

PR Member
Was it team issues manufacturer issues or something else? Weird for 2 bikes to break down for same issue in separate motos.... thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900P using PitRacer mobile app

ktrop251

PR Member
All riders to switch to two strokes for remaining outdoor nationals. You heard it here first folks. #twostrokenation

In all seriousness, probably a coincidence. Those bikes are so dialed in its bound to happen. They have them maxed out along with the riders pushing those motors as hard as they can go for 30+ mins.

sq2208

PR Member
Yea mx freedom i knew you would chime in lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using PitRacer mobile app

John250

PR Founding Father
I read somewhere a 450 motor is rebuilt every other round. Not sure about a 250.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

ktrop251

PR Member
I read somewhere a 450 motor is rebuilt every other round. Not sure about a 250.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app
Probably every round if not every moto. Those motors are NOT built to last. They are built to withstand 2 motos wfo. The push those things to the max. A motor can only handle so much abuse.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Motors are rebuilt every round.. Frames replaced every 2-3 rounds, tires every Moto... Transworld ran an article on it a few years back

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

C Hudak

PR Addict
Probably the same guy rebuilt both engines, and made the same tiny mistake on both. Or some aftermarket part like a new water pump finally met its limits!

beamer315

PR Addict
I had a bad head gasket from Cometic once. It felt really slick when pulled from the package but thought maybe they know better than I do so I put it in. Was sesping coolant while still on the stand before even starting the bike. Could be something as simple as that. Cometic wouldn't say they had s bad coat job but they gladly overnighted a new kit.