The return... With a twist.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
View attachment 53607

OK Knox I am digging it out of the corner of the garage and getting the ole girl running!
2003 KX125, still has the stock tires on it from 03. Bought it for my wife a number of years ago and hasn't been started for probably 2or3 years

How can you just walk by that beauty for 2-3 years?!?!!?

Oh....and about those artrax tires...$90 for the combo....can't complain all that much can you? Excellent for a budget build.

Can't wait to see this thing done and the total budget. Will definitely be a breathe of fresh air really... the viewers might be more excited than you are...

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Radiators on. Carb torn down and cleaned up. Way too big of a jet. Got to go get a smaller one tomorrow.
Added a little functional bling. Love it

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Oh. And it only took me an hour to remember where the hell the clutch cable was routed.
Note to self: take pictures during tear down next time. Duh.

John250

PR Founding Father
Angry Amy is going to be pissed you took her kitchen table chair to the garage to hold the bike up.

Better get on Alias website and buy some budget gear for CTMX too.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Angry Amy is going to be pissed you took her kitchen table chair to the garage to hold the bike up.

Better get on Alias website and buy some budget gear for CTMX too.

She is always pissed. Bought her a new table and chairs 6 months ago and the old one ends up in my garage for the next "garage sale". That would require her to actually do SOMETHING, so of course it is still in my garage. May as well use it.
Its a throwback build so I will be wearing throwback gear. I still have all my old crap from the turn of the century. Just got to pick up a new jofa mouth guard...

MX099

PR Addict
She is always pissed. Bought her a new table and chairs 6 months ago and the old one ends up in my garage for the next "garage sale". That would require her to actually do SOMETHING, so of course it is still in my garage. May as well use it.
Its a throwback build so I will be wearing throwback gear. I still have all my old crap from the turn of the century. Just got to pick up a new jofa mouth guard...
You won't be ara correct. I think I traded in my Jofa in 77 for a Scott Goggle/plastic face mask. 78/79 might of been Bell Moto with no vent holes.
I think your 04 should be those pants that go over your boots (LBZ?). Flat painted helmet.

mblair

PR Founding Father
pulled her apart last night and did some serious carb work just to see if it will actually start
How can you just walk by that beauty for 2-3 years?!?!!?

Can't wait to see this thing done and the total budget. Will definitely be a breathe of fresh air really... the viewers might be more excited than you are...

Guess i jst need Chis to put a purpose on it. I am way to fat and old to work as hard as a 125 makes me. the 450 makes life easier. maybe thats why i am getting softer!

I will say this, as it site in my garage right now I think i have less than $1000 invested in it so it was definitely a low budget build in its day.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
You won't be ara correct. I think I traded in my Jofa in 77 for a Scott Goggle/plastic face mask. 78/79 might of been Bell Moto with no vent holes.
I think your 04 should be those pants that go over your boots (LBZ?). Flat painted helmet.
I would race a quad with Metal Militia stickers on it before I wore LBZ crap.
Besides, clothes don't make you faster, nor will it fit in the "low budget, yet competitive" theme.

All kinds of side benefits to this project. Last night marks the fourth consecutive night that I have been in the garage until at least 11. Each night I have forgot to even eat diner, so it is helping with the weight lose.
Man, this is fun.
If you have not done a project like this... what are you waiting for?

KX500 is next. already scoping one out. THAT will be may full "works" bike. Cant wait.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Like this whole project going on. I've been riding my small bore since Red Bud. But's it's a cheater KTM 200 engine in a 2007 KTM 125SX Chassis. It's lots of fun to ride. But nowhere near as easy as any 450 out there.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Inconsistent at best. I was going for a mat finish between black and magnesium. Got sorta that I. A couple pieces. One is a light green? Who knows why. I just wanted to learn something new. It is fun to try. I am sure the green one was not clean enough and may now had received enough current during the process. My try that one again. Maybe not. Kinda like the rainbow effect.
Top clamps in the acid now. I don't expect much. Lol
Oh. And given I am working with several different type of material. Both cast and machined. I figured they would be different. Maybe not this much. But it's a learning process

ck1racerx

PR Addict
just read something that says black is by far the toughest color to get correct. Yeah, no s**t...:D
And mat is very difficult unless it is mechnically polished mat. Damn, should have went polished.... next time (KX500)

Oh, and the waiting on soak time is a great time to drink beer... maybe 1 too many