MX Sports does it again $$$

John250

PR Founding Father
I've raced the Daytona Amateur SX every year since 2010. Always said it was a great race and got plenty of track time with your entry that included gate and Pro SX gate also.

Get my email this morning for early registration is open for prior participants. It used to be $150 a class and $80 for the second class. Registration, gate and SX ticket.

Last year the added the ATVs on Tuesday, so EVERYONE that came in for the bikes (which hardly any stay for Tuesday) had to pay an additional $30 gate admission. Imagine all increased revenue this brought in, because every person coming in to watch the bikes paid an additional $30 because of the added ATVs on Tuesday. Yeah, I thought this was crap last year (I have a family and that added $90 for my girls and wife.

So this year, entry is $80 per class. No discounts for second class. EVERYONE including riders must purchase gate entry this year. $120 if you come in on Friday (which many do) or $110 if you get there on Saturday. So do the Math, 800 riders, MX Sports is collecting yet another $30 - $40,000 from the riders.

MX Sports knows how to take a good race, and keep pricing it higher and higher to where people wonder if it is really worth the cost.

Supply and demand. I've never been enticed to race this event past the pre registration tab. But every year I fill the SOB online form out just to groan, curse at the screen, and slam the lid on the laptop.

Not worth it. I'll go down to pax the week before and still get to ride with earl may. For $30. His roost is kind of sweet tasting knowing he's twice my age and 3 times as fast.

Buy my $50 gen admission ticket for $15 outside 5 minutes after the heats start. Take my cooler of beer in with my wife, drink and be merry.

Then head to FTT Sunday.....

All for a fraction of the cost.

If it wasn't expensive I would love to race daytona. Looks really cool and you're getting solid competition. That's the only draw. Legit competition. No bump on a log racing. So....there's that. That's the only way he's making me consider outrageous costs year after year...it's the same draw for qualifier and regionals.

Last edited:
I got the email too and noticed that it will cost about $150 more than the last time I went (2015).

You think it bad to pay for an extra day due to quads, I have to pay for 2 days of amature bike racing that I won't watch any of, and we pay all that for one day on the track.

I'm really doubting the decision to go this year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

Woody, I totally agree. If your not going in to watch Sunday or Monday you should not have to pay for it (which I think you have that option). But the Bikes don't have an option to not pay for Tuesday.

Yeah it's a scam. If we weren't going to be camping at the track, we could buy SX tickets separate and the gate fee for Tuesday only.

I signed Matthew and I up, and paid for our gate fees. Have $600 invested in just him and I hitting the track for 3 classes. Now if both my daughters and wife go this year, that will be another $330 to just race Daytona without any expenses. When I raced this race the first time in 2010 it definitely did not cost me that much and we were in and out in a one day.

Can anyone race this?
or just the folks that can live in Florida?
This is another mass amateur qualifier/consi/main staple event like mini os. Just completed in 2 days. When you think about it, cheaper then mini os. And competition is fierce. Price sucks. But when I'm 70 I'll probably kick myself for not going atleast once....

Better raise the rent on that condo!
yeah, wish I had a bike week week to rent this year. Only have the cheaper week before for rent. Last couple years I had two bike week units for rent that brought in about $1700. Parents are moving to the west coast so I am now using one unit and they are going to use the other during bike week.....cost me $1700 rent I wont receive!! Man, my week in March is getting more expensive daily.

I decided to run 40 B/C this year to keep Grewe, Carsten, May, Johnson and couple others from lapping me in 45 plus!!

This is another mass amateur qualifier/consi/main staple event like mini os. Just completed in 2 days. When you think about it, cheaper then mini os. And competition is fierce. Price sucks. But when I'm 70 I'll probably kick myself for not going atleast once....

Thats kinda how i see it also, i hope to atleast race it once.

every year i say i wana do it and every year i come up with an excuse.. or too lazy to plan it. dont care about the $ would just love to say i rode my dirt bike inside daytona speedwaay

Would be interesting to know if the speedway has raised their price since the event is as popular as it is.

I agree I haven't went in a couple years but was planning on this year but price for 2 classes and garage and me and wife to get in went from 360 to 580 before I even leave the house might just save the money.

Well I've been suckered in again. I tried to price it out by camping at an outside campground and just buying tickets for the days I needed, and it is actually cheaper to sign up and race. Who would have thought? The camping price is actually really reasonable for the market.

Rape you on single day and it is Bike Week. With the explosion of everyone owning toy haulers, the camp grounds are fuller than ever, and will get premium dollar to rent spots for Bike Week.

Back