Southern Riding Trip

Team MMR

PR Addict
Hey guys im looking for some suggestions for tracks to hit down south. I plan on making a trip between xmas and new years. Really hope to make it to Durhamtown MX in Georgia so looking for other tracks around there or on way home from there that are open during the week days.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated

If you go to Durham town DO NOT PUT NEW TIRES ON. bring an extra slightly used set. Because they'll be totally roached at the end of one day if you ride anywhere but the bomber track.

That place can blue groove hard pack in a hurry.

I was planning on heading south the Thursday before Christmas and maybe coming back Christmas eve or Christmas day. don't know where yet, maybe 421mx or might go further south into northern florida.

Since you''ll be in the area you should check out Scrubndirt.com They have prepped practice every Tuesday and Thursday during the week. I was just there over the weekend and it was a lot of fun. I also rode Durhamtown on Thursday and Friday. We were lucky because they received rain Tuesday and Wednesday which made the Bomber track amazing after being prepped. However that was the only track I enjoyed. Everything else is hard pack and not prepped.

A lot of riders are heading down to ww in Jacksonville fl. Pretty fun track but place can be a jamed pack over Christmas and New Years. East bend mx in North Carolina is worth a shot.

Im mainly looking for some Arenacross practice to be completely honest, but will be on a new bike so any seat time will help get comfy

I'm pretty sure JWTF put in a Arenacross track just recently and they also have there main trac and a national style track

Having trouble finding someone open Friday the 23rd to ride. Messaged 421 and East Bend, was thinking about WW Ranch but they are closed too. Any suggestions?

Cow branch and Wide open mx close to Raleigh area way better than JWTF. I think both will be open all week after Christmas

looks like they are open Friday, thanks! They are closed Saturday and Sunday so I will probably head to 421 on Saturday.
I don't know if they prep during the week but it should still be rideable. Fun track.

edit: where did you see they are closed sat and sunday?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Back