Smith Roads Annual Memorial Day Race (Monday 5/29/17)

Our Memorial Day Race is fast approaching (5/29/17, this is a Monday) Here are the details, feel free to ask questions!
* Memorial Day (Monday May 29th) gates open at 6:00 am.
* Gate fee is $10 for everyone racing and all spectators 10 and over. Those spectators arriving on a motorcycle will be $5 a person.
* Everyone must sign in to enter the track.
* If someone needs to drop something off for you, you need to be waiting for them at the gate, or they can leave it for you with one of the staff members at the gate the alternative is that they will have to pay to enter.
* This is NOT a CRA race, However we will use their classes will be used a full list of which can be found at racecra.org with the exception of $ classes we will not run $ classes but we will have the "Run what you brung Class" with a 6 ft trophy as the prize.
* Sign-ups for racing will be in the building across from the concession stand. Its $25 for the first class and $20 for each additional class
* First place winners can chose a T-shirt, Trophy or Smith Road Bucks, 2nd-3rd place winners can chose a T-shirt or Trophy. The trophies are different sizes according to place and very nice.
* Practice starts at 8:00 am
* Races start at 10:00am. We are planning to run 3-4 laps each moto.
* Kids will be on the peewee track from Junior 65 on down.
* Concession stand will be open for the entire race with cold treats and yummy food & we are adding french fries this year!!!
* You can come in Sunday to park your vehicle or drop your trailer but there is NO CAMPING for this event.
* There is NO pit-riding or bicycles allowed on race day, period! This will be enforced!
* If you are interested in flagging pm us with your information. Flaggers need to be 20 or older

So far so good we are hopeful for tomorrow, we will run rain or shine as long as the track is safe

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

74eb70d443130bccbe19d2d973f4ddc8.jpg

Hoping to get some rain tonight so we don't have to put down water in the morning, track is sealed up and it hasn't rained here since Friday morning so far things are looking good for tomorrow last forecast I looked at shows some rain tonight and scattered showers starting at 5:00 pm tomorrow.
fa8f3f88e9e79d7d5cd1660f2eb8c633.jpg
this was the track around 7, we still hadn't gotten any rain when I left at 8

f7c03ebc048bb19267162fba2f8b0587.jpg
397b65d7e64660df1005e51b88f5ddba.jpg
533bd554c1900251543bf33aace45ffb.jpg
48f45e3ef0d9bb1f42a7d7bdeceabb80.jpg

Starting track prep now, we got the rain we needed last night and we are all set now shouldn't need to water this morning. Concessions are open, parts trailer is opening now and FCR is here for suspension needs. Sign ups will be opening at 6:30 am

From what my wife told me, she said they worked their butts off cleaning the mud off after practice to make a good track and they succeeded.

Back