Thunder Valley 2017

Man this year is fun for the fans. I just got tickets to high point and muddy creek.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Local flaggers take notes on nick weys school of flagging. Get out there save a life! If you haven't seen that video go check it out

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I just got home from CO. The race was amazing. Bagget was on rails and flying around the outside of some pretty fast corners. 250 race was unbelievable, so competitive. More on the race tomorrow, I'm exhausted.

Track map looked like there were quite a few big sweepers where you could pin it around the outside ; that's where Bagget has always stood apart . Good for him , Bogle , and all the others who seemed to step it up a notch . Eli is not invincible . 250's are wild ; felt bad for Plessinger . Gonna be a great season .

Been watching on regular cable and have resigned myself to seeing " highlights " of the first motos , but did I blink or something ? They didn't show crap from the first 450 moto .

Track map looked like there were quite a few big sweepers where you could pin it around the outside ; that's where Bagget has always stood apart . Good for him , Bogle , and all the others who seemed to step it up a notch . Eli is not invincible . 250's are wild ; felt bad for Plessinger . Gonna be a great season .

Been watching on regular cable and have resigned myself to seeing " highlights " of the first motos , but did I blink or something ? They didn't show crap from the first 450 moto .

All the motos are on Youtube. I watched the second motos yesterday morning. Good thing I did because the 6 pm showing last night on NBCSN was some track and field event.

Yea the race was so exciting, weather was good, blue sky and good friends. That makes racing even better. On the Racerx race recap I could see our canopy which helped a lot. The sun is bright in CO and I'm still pretty white. People seem pretty cool and laid back out there. I got to talk to my favorite there, Marvin's wife Matilde. Man is she pretty and so nice to talk to. I had my KTM hat on this time which helped, not my Kawi shirt like in Indy when I met them. Eli seemed to struggle during the race. It seems he is like a light switch, on or off. The hill side we sat on you could see most of the track and could hear pretty good. Jimmie Albertson was in the booth color commentating and I thought did a great job. Was knowledgeable and funny. I will definitely go to Thunder Valley to spectate again. I heard from locals the track sucks the rest of the year to ride, hard packed and dusty. I read about Glen Helen last week somebody watered the track after the sighting lap, and that's why JM crashed leading the second moto and he was pissed. They aren't suppose to touch the track after the sighting lap. They watered the track a lot Sat. but hope they followed procedure this week. The ruts were so deep. I saw riders feet off the pegs just wading through them. I thought they should have knocked them down in between motos. Would have gave them more options than follow the leader through the fast line. All in all fun time and that's my report like it or not, Questions?

Oh yea, the 125 race was fun. Ryan Sipes won it and was pretty happy about it. He said it's fun to win at anything. Not many other big names. Some fast local dudes were up front top 5. They didn't really seem slow like we thought. Racing's racing, 40 guys going at it, fun.

I think Thunder Valley is the poster child for why we don't need 450's. That was some of the best racing I've ever seen at an outdoor national. You could tell that the 250's were so under-powered, but it made for great racing. No one could just pin it out of control to get around a guy. It was all about the rider and line selection.

The 450's had some decent racing too, but I just think we would have much better racing with lower displacement. In the 450's, it basically comes down to who wants to pin it the most. For the record, I think there's a place for that. I love the idea of an open class. However, I think the 250 class right now is gold as far as racing is concerned, and I think a 300 or 350 would be a great premier class bike. The 450 is cool (like the 500's back in the 80's), but I think the smaller displacements make for much better racing. Can't wait for High Point now.

Just got to the 250's yesterday evening. That moto 1 was the coolest... #bestmotoever ???

Definitely some nice shots. Ruts were deeeeeeppp in some of those shots.

Also, was anyone else shocked at what Bagget looked like on the podium? I mean, it's maybe been awhile since I've seen a shot of him with his helmet off that I can recall. I knew the dude was thinning up top, but wow...I almost didn't recognize him. He definitely looks different and not so much like a little kid anymore....

We talked to Blake in Daytona a few years ago when he was still on the PC Kawasaki. I don't think he looks too much different. He was pretty thin on top even then.

If you remember his last year on the PC bike, he would come from way back and track people down and pass them and check out (Tomac, being one of them). He's had some injuries last couple years. I really think Blake could be a consistent outdoor contender. His SX results were pretty good, and he is not a great SX rider.

Back