Indoctrination in the college classroom.

Sorry the kid passed away, sorry for his family's loss. But maybe it will serve as a little dose of communism to wake some other kids up as they enter the real world. Doubtful.

Edit* She is all about that white, male privilege in her comments.

There is no white male privilege. It's a made up Marxist ideaology.

My anthropology teacher at Toledo was preaching that crap everyday. Come to take the test the correct answer was that crap. So you had to select it to get a good grade.

My World history professor called the tea party tea baggers in his lectures.

My sociology professor painted everyone as a demon if they didn't drive a fuel efficient car and reduce their carbon footprint.

The only professors I had that weren't political were my nursing courses. There wasn't any time to teach other than the required course load. Nearly all my "required" courses pre-major were infected with all that liberal garbage.

Had a tech professor that was awesome. At the time I didn't know it. Had a big NOBAMA sign on his podium. Never lectured about politics, students would ask why he didn't support Obama. he always answered with "eh you'll see one day". Smartest professor I had. Clearly. And we didn't know it. Makes sense now. Liberal when you're young. You just get more angry and conservative the more you age. Unless you live in Hollywood or a major city ?

I am chair of the Greene County Republican Party. We probably have one of the most conservative county parties in the state. I take heat within my own party for being a "freedom Caucus" guy. One member even said to me, "I thought you were a republican". So the divide between the conservatives and the establishment is at all levels. In our county the conservatives are realizing they are being replaced with conservatives. They want to go on with same old same old, and most within the party want to move us into the 21st century and be working to educate and recruit younger voters, minority voters, etc. The demographics of the party are aging, and dying off.

I've always had reservations with the old axiom, "Those who can't do, teach" just because I knew too many great teachers. But I'm totally onboard with the phrase, "Those who can't educate, indoctrinate". Indoctrination is the antithesis of education.

4 places that you will not survive long without critical thinking or having a watchful eye over your own life: in the air, under water, under the ground, and North Korea.

Exactly , what the hell was he doing there anyway. Dennis Rodmans personal assistant? Should have went to South Korea. Been there.

There was a quack on vitalmx that was raving about himself being able to go visit North Korea. He went. He made it back, but sorry...that's one country I'll never set foot in unless there is a combat support hospital deployed.

I wouldn't even go off the resort in Jamaica!

4 places that you will not survive long without critical thinking or having a watchful eye over your own life: in the air, under water, under the ground, and North Korea.
Critical Thinking is overrated too. Can't I just go take a nap, and when I wake up it'll all be better? :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the news story, wasn't the professor simply saying, that this kid was just another spoiled brat who goes abroad thinking that they can get away with anything without consequences? Or are you thinking that his decision to travel there was a result of his liberal education, in particularly from courses like anthropology?

I have always had a great respect for higher education, and those that have the discipline, talents and gifts for learning at those levels.
Never being a brainiac myself, that is one thing that I have also always appreciated about taking a career path in the trades. You spend your two high school years in vocational schooling learning your trade. Then you continue it on into an apprenticeship without all the mind broadening courses that college educations and degrees require. With the result being after about 7 years total, you have your feet set on a path that will work well for you for the rest of your adult life. And if you so choose, you can improve your education at your leisure, and only studying that which you care to learn. And nothing more.

Last edited:
Well the smartest people I know are tradesman. Some of the dumbest people I've interacted with have MBA or PHD tacked behind their names.

And it's funny because the tradesman are generally very humble and say things like "oh I'm not smart blah blah" and the MBAs just hold meeting after meeting boasting how smart they are by ripping off the top 26 lines in their resumes about what stupid ass committee they served on, what college they went to and what other college they went to and blah bls ha blah buy blaaaahhhhh but at the end of the day employee turnover at the highest level continues to turn over while the upper yoyos keep giving themselves quarterly bonuses. Nothing to see here. We are the brains of the outfit without those MBAs the country would crumble. Puke.

Last edited:
Back