Where are the Lorettas updates?!?

If you get the chance to watch the +45 class the David Lee Roth sound bites and the announcers are classic. Never laughed so hard. Plus the interviews are good and KK calling Jason Weigant a loser is great!

Plus Dave Jones and Pape both had great motors! I think 14 and 13th. Great job guys! Track looked rough.

Rough 3rd motos in both classes with dead last starts..transmission problems..one in a total mud bog

Add to that a couple falls and a X-ray in the medic unit ...didn't finish where we were looking..

15th Mini Sr I
17th 85cc 9-12

Fun week none the less..but ready to be home..until next year

Last edited:
IMG_2600.jpg
Still solid finishes for that kinda luck !!!

Thanks Georgie.

And poor kid couldn't keep his pants up.. haha..Rocket got this shot

Alright here we go...
First thing i have to say. I have held nothing back when it comes to beating up on MX Sports and everything that i see them doing that is blowing up the sport on a local level. BUT when it comes to LL, they have got it down. There has to be 300 or more on the staff. Trained flagers every 100 feet, crash crews all over the track, yellow flashing lights in several areas, huge track crew for prep. An army of people working the pits from trash pickers roaming the stands to a couple crews driving around picking up full trash bags from the campers. Poop suckers crew cleaning pot=o=johns non stop, announcers, gate.... well you get it. A LOT of people.
Of course it is easier to do that when you have a couple million dollars coming in, but still, they really do a good job on the details. So, I cant believe i am going to say this... Good job MX Sports.

I just through up in my mouth..

Rinse my mouth out...

Oh, i need to eat something besides this crow...

OK, The good the bad and the ugly
Good: 1. the track is 1,000,000 times better then back in the stone wheels days on the 80's i guess 36 years of saw dust and sand can indeed create nice race soil. Stuff looks a whole lot like Red Bud dirt.
2. 2018 Suzuki 450... I may have to get one of those sweeties.
3. The Creek. Still amazing way to cool off.
4. Forgot who it was but some crazy dude was racing a 1981 Maico in the 45+ class. And he did pretty good. Air cool, drum brakes and all. Way cool.
5. TM. I thing Johnny said the breakdown shows only 5 but i am sure there was more. They look, sound and are fast. Masterpool kid won on one in the Supermini class. Like to see them grow.
6. Speaking of Johnny... Having old Pro's in the Vet classes is a real draw. Shoulder to shoulder on the fence for 25+ and 40+ to watch Brownie, Ramsey, BudMan, Palmart, Carsten, Grewe and the others wax the youngers guys. Last 40+ moto was a clinic by Brown. Dude was 35 seconds up in second and lapping up to 15 with 2 laps to go. Want to learn to ride rough, rutty tracs at high speed? Watch him.
7. The feel. dont know how to say it, but the Loretta's atmosphere is unlike any other motocross race. Even when your just there to watch.
8. yes, there are alot more. but all this positivity is really upsetting me. Lets get to the bad.

The bad (my happy place)
1. The facility. Now i am not going against the list above but the place is just not set up for an event that size. I had to take 2 trains, a mule (4 legged kind) and a cruise ship back to the pits. It was a LOOOOOONG way back. Alot of the pits are a swamp and impossible to find someone or something without a guide.
2. You know this is coming... Way, and i mean WAY too many classes. Several just dont make since. 9-12? what the heck is that? 4, 50 classes is nuts. and 5 C classes... yeah. THAT is what is killing the B class.
3. Can we please go back to Stock and Modified classes? what the heck is limited?
4. This is really linked to the first but has to have its own line item... trying to watch a moto is terrible. You cant see crap unless you are up by the finish. Even there you can only see half since Suzuki has to build an aRMy stage in the middle and blocks everyone view.

Ugly
only 1 needed here. but it is a big ONE.
PIT RIDING is beyond ridiculous. no idea how 30 people are not killed everyday. And it is not just the number of pit vehicles. Which is a s**t-TON , but it is now the size of them. You are a pee on unless you have a 4 door side by side with a long bed and lifted 12 inches with custom billet wheels. They are everywhere and there is no where to park them so that makes it even worse for us biped nose pickers. They block everything and everyone thinks THEY have the right away when it comes to an intersection..
Really, this can not be downplayed. The pit riding is just stupid. Nothing will be done about it until people die. And it WILL happen.

The Super good.
It 100% moto-vated me (see what i did there?) to get is good shape and give it a try. Heck, ran with Palmart, Carsten and Grewe back in the day, No reason i cant do it again. Only live once

Did i mention the Suzuki 450 looks pretty darn nice....

Heard some fun rumors.
1. Yamaha 65 will be out soon
2. Suzuki is actually going to build a 125 again.
3. Cobra is on its last leg. No $ to pay for parts or employees

Don't know if any are true. But very believeable.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We had great week at the ranch!! Accomplished what we set out to do! David finished 12th in 250 C 11-25-12 and Michael made it to the gate in 250 A so now he can get his pro license. He was first alternate going down so we weren't sure if he'd even get to race so we were so excited when he got that bib!! He went 30-25-33(tranny went out on lap 2 so just putted around to finish!) That class was so stacked and fast! So pleased he was able to ride and do what he did after having a level 3 shoulder separation from Red Bud and not riding for 4 weeks. Had an awesome parking spot with Kreps/ Zman so had fun hanging out with them during the down time. Weather was great not too hot just a little rain but no monsoons! All in all a great week now off to a new adventure racing the National scene with the rest of the Hand family and David will race the amateur days at the Nationals. It was nice seeing the Ohio Mx family down there and watching their races during the week as well!!

Very emotional moment for the Biese family yesterday as Carter went 3-2-6 in 125 B/C to win his first championship. FMF posted a video on Instagram of Scott Biese running to Carter jumping up and down as he pulled off the track. I pitted next to the Biese family the first time I went to Daytona and let me tell you, I've never seen a more hardworking and friendly family in my life. Well deserved championship!

Great week of moto fun! Didn't ride very well or have any good luck go my way this year, but still had a great time there, which is why it's one of the only things I do as far as racing goes in a year. There is always someone to battle with who doesn't want to give up a position wherever you are in the pack. I'm planning on going again next season and then I turn 50 the season after that so I have my aim on the next two years of LL's to make my moto life complete and race in the oldest class.

The Golf Carts / Side By Sides are ridiculously huge and take up way too much space. I remember when I first started going to LL's in 1995, it was all about Honda 50cc pit bikes and things were much easier to keep control of. Now, it's a huge deal to have a big super pit vehicle of some sort. Some of them are bigger than my Jeep Wrangler, can I just get a pit vehicle permit for my jeep????

The track is super rough and the speeds are really not that fast anywhere on the track. It's a RUT fest, and you better be good at ruts, or else you are going to do terrible. The system is in place and it runs pretty good down there. Lots of fun to have so many of the Ohio guys in the +45 class and hanging out with all of them throughout the week.

Back