BC 8-6-17

IMG_0633.JPG

Special delivery sand and organics!

Track was amazing, I havent been there in about 2 years, and I was very happy with the track. Ruts were great, turns were tacky, and the jumps were fun! I will be going every time that I can for sure!!!!!

Had some obligations that made me late. Pulled in @ 3pm and rode till close. Track was ROUGH! Hard packed, grooved, etc. The bowl turn before the finish line run was actually blue grooved at the top. Did they do any mid day prep?

We did not, I went out with the dozer at 1:30 to give the flaggers a break, we didn't prep because it was still damp at 2:00. Overcast is a wonderful thing. Blue groove? why you riding that high in the turn, the bike line is inside, where the ruts are.

There was one deep ass rut on the inside of that turn. I was using it until it bit me. Then I tried to make a new one just outside of that one, but didn't get any help from anyone else, so went back to the blue groove. I felt terrible in the ruts. I usually love riding the ruts. I guess only having ridden track twice this year got to me.

I think it is funny, I am always way up there in the blue groove...... after 8 years off a bike, ruts haven't become my friend yet, but I really like the BC weekends. Slowly ruts are coming back, very slowly

Back