Outdoor MX

John250

PR Founding Father
Funny, the outdoor MX series has been going on all summer and it must be a real snoozer. Absolutely no one on here really ever comments about it, post results, who's now injured, etc. I know I like watching it, but have watched VERY little of it. I personally would prefer a tape delay on Saturday night or Sunday sometime, and have them condense the 4 motos into a 2 hour broadcast, but on one channel, one time, all 4 motos.

Does the screwed up TV broadcast hurt the viewership? My opinion it does for sure.

Guess it must be true, everyone likes Supercross, and watches it. So bring on 24 rounds of supercross, that is probably what you will have shortly.

I did watch some of Washougal on TV. Would love to ride that track, looks like a blast. But those shadows on the track make for horrible watching on the TV.

The split channel thing pisses me off, and definitely contributes to me not watching. Also, one of the channels is not in HD, and it's just hard to watch with my old eyes.

I dvr them and watch at my convenience. You might enjoy the highlight show which shows the highlights from all 4 motos in a hour show that airs Thursday's if I'm thinking right.

I've watched them all. I DVR them then catch them Sunday morning when I get up. Fast forward through all the nonsense. There has been some really good racing but now injuries are taking their toll on some of the key players. I still prefer motocross over supercross but that's just me.

The outdoor has had some great racing this year. Some of the 250's have been close enough that 1-6 are in the same camera shot. I paid my $49 for NBC Gold. It is great. no commercials, can watch live or play back any race or qualifier for the past 2 years. Monday nights have become my MX viewing nights.

Being in the summer, I find myself outside working on my house, trails, or riding instead of watching the MX on TV. I get my updates and highlights via internet sources and social media. Once our riding season winds down in mid November, I will catch up on watching stuff. Probably still won't watch all of them but will catch a decent portion.

I watch every moto, delayed. I don't know how anyone could think this year has been a snooze fest though. This has been the closest points battle in years. First Marv jumping out of the gate on fire, then Eli, then Baggett crushing it and Eli crashing all over the place, and now Baggett's injury, Eli coming into form, and Marv dominating the last four motos. Hell, if that isn't fun to watch maybe you guys just don't really care to watch moto!

Supercross, for me, is awesome usually for the first 6 or 7 rounds, and then I get tired of the same thing. Whoops, turn, triple, double, turn, triple, wall jump, turn, single, triple, double, etc. This year was great though with the points battle. I watched every round of SX too on the edge of my seat and even went to Vegas for the final round. This has been the best year of racing in recent memory for me in both disciplines.

I bought the nbcsports gold package. I usually watch the first motos Saturday night and second motos sometime Sunday. It's nice watching with no commercials.

I went to Thunder valley and watched a great race. Then Summer was in high gear and watching MX wasn't happening. I watch all the results and high lights but no time to watch TV for 4 hours. Still love it and it has been great racing this year. I wondered how it would be when Dungey retired. Like him a lot but haven't missed him. Plenty to take his place.

I've been spending most weekends on the PWC. But I record and catch up when I'm not on the water.

One of the best seasons ever. Racing in both classes is great. You never know who will win. Points battle is tight. Plus I watch most of them on YouTube Sunday night or throughout the next week. It's great. Better than planning my day around the TV schedule. And watching the full moto is nice.

No time to watch it live. Gotta agree with Georgie there's just nothing to do in the winter so it's eaiser to watch/follow supercross. The whole split channel thing is a huge pain too. It's like the FS1/FS2 split but 100 times worse because it's every single race.

We get about 90 days of solid nice weather a year if we are lucky. I'll watch tv for a half hour or so before bed, other then that I'm riding, in the garage working, on the boat, mountain biking, kayaking or hiking. If your inside on a beautiful day in Ohio shame on you!

Back