race district 11...no, that is Ohio...MX

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So the series is off and running. The numbers look great. Tracks have been good. I have been at both races and plan to hit them all. BUT.
Why is the website never updated? No results, No previews, No pix. No hype

So the $20 membership was for what? Dont say the banquet. Over half will not be there and or dont care.

In this area, in this sport, all will be compared to District 11. Again, at least they had meetings, elected officials and a newsletter.

Thanks for organizing a motocross series but if we want it to grow bigger and better week by week and year over year, then step one is communication. We are MEMBERS now. Without a voice (or ears for this matter) it starts to feel like good ole AMA.

Speaking of district 11. Hear they are making a comeback next year starting with woods racing. Foot steps, I hear footsteps

When you say communication, are you talking about social media? Because after all, that is the biggest way of communication these days. How f'n old are you? Hahaha...as far as I go, this is the most social media site that I frequent. I don't need strangers/past acquaintances to know my whereabouts/crap.

I do love how oma post results and points asap. Connie does a great job.

No results or points have even been posted from DMC yet.

As for the numbers, first two weeks were great. Enough maybe some people from the north will travel down. Very interested to see how many show up at Greenville.

I do love how oma post results and points asap. Connie does a great job.

No results or points have even been posted from DMC yet.

As for the numbers, first two weeks were great. Enough maybe some people from the north will travel down. Very interested to see how many show up at Greenville.
Scott was on vacation a week before his race and I was gone till today. I will be working on getting the web page updated this week Thanks

So the series is off and running. The numbers look great. Tracks have been good. I have been at both races and plan to hit them all. BUT.
Why is the website never updated? No results, No previews, No pix. No hype

So the $20 membership was for what? Dont say the banquet. Over half will not be there and or dont care.

In this area, in this sport, all will be compared to District 11. Again, at least they had meetings, elected officials and a newsletter.

Thanks for organizing a motocross series but if we want it to grow bigger and better week by week and year over year, then step one is communication. We are MEMBERS now. Without a voice (or ears for this matter) it starts to feel like good ole AMA.

Speaking of district 11. Hear they are making a comeback next year starting with woods racing. Foot steps, I hear footsteps
Chris we are listening and the membership money goes to the awards at the end of the season, people can reach out to me or Scott. Anyone can pm me if you need to speak to me and I will give them my cell number and answer any questions or concerns.

Thanks

Chris we are listening and the membership money goes to the awards at the end of the season, people can reach out to me or Scott. Anyone can pm me if you need to speak to me and I will give them my cell number and answer any questions or concerns.

Thanks
Nice. Now that is communications.

Just for the record. The $20 membership is going for awards for the riders and not the banquet. The banquet will be paid for by those who attend.

Each track has had issues. Out of the Hundreds of things that went right a few didn't. They can't go back and change those. The money these tracks have spent to have races will probably not be recovered this year. Along with the hours and hours of volunteer work that has gone into them. They do this for you Racers. This is a THANK YOU to all of you that's making this series work this year.

DMC spent a lot of money for what last year? To spend more this year, and redo the track yet again. I do think it is better this year than last. You also had one rogue club member that honestly took what could have been a good track and ruin it over watering. The last 5 or 6 years DMCs prep has been good and they always hit it with a bit more water at intermission and the track has been some of the best tracks they have had to race. But the last one......not so much for sure. You have to have one guy in charge that knows what he is doing that is calling the shots telling the others what to do, just my opinion.

Just my opinion, but DMC runs practice WAY too long. A large portion of the riders practice all day Saturday. Run 3 lap practices, run the rider meeting over the PA and when the last practice is over your calling the first moto to the gate. If tacks are designed (and DMC is) with jumps that are not going to hurt anyone or huge leaps, 3 laps is fine. When the last rider is 1/2 way around the track, your releasing the next group. Same with motos. Your finish is on the other side of the track, when that group is 3/4 around, drop the gate on the next moto.

When you see promoters running this way, and the efficiency of their programs, you wonder why all them do not learn from it, and do it. Malvern and Briarcliff are two of the best at it. Malvern had almost 500 riders, and I was one of the last to leave the track at 4:00. Briarcliff has always been great at keeping the program moving also. But yet both have prepped tracks, disc and water at intermission, etc. They just have it down and it works.

Baja acres has a phenomenal prep crew. They water all day all around the track. Hitting spots. The soil can handle that. Every track is different so they gotta tweak it to what works. A one size fits all can't be a solution in motocross. Just getting better every event goes a long way and will eventually pay off ten fold.

And if you're getting praises from ck1 you're doing something right. I didn't think it was possible to make him happy.

We continue to work with the tracks and things are going great for the first year of the series, yes somethings can be improved the tracks are learning from their hit and misses. I can reinsure you some of their next races should exceed their first round.

I hope the 2nd rounds can be an improvement on the 1rst. Most workers, volunteer or not put in numerous hours before and on race day. Anyone wanting to donate their time to any of the tracks I 'm sure won't be refused. I know making a profit is great at these tracks, But most effort is put into trying to make a great safe race for the riders. Many of the club members that stand in the sun all day flagging, running the start gate, chiseling, disking, weed wacking. watering, scoring, sign up, and all the rest of what it takes to put on these events don't even ride MX. Yet they donate their time and effort to put on a good race. After all the racer are done and gone there is still hours of work cleaning the grounds, emptying the trash cans, taking banners down, putting equipment away. Many can be there till dark.

If you are running 40+ and it's the first moto, take the time to relive someone that's been flagging since practice. stay late and help with the clean up. Your time will be appreciated and you might get a little respect for the work involved. You are always welcomed as a guest at club meetings. There no way to please every rider. The track too muddy or too dry. Ruts too deep or not enough. Moto's too long or not enough laps. Practice too long or they didn't let me ride my dirty bike in the clean bike practice. Be thankful that these tracks have come together to put on this series and giving riders a place to race. I know there can be some complaints, But as I asked many riders that had their gripes, "Did you enjoy your time racing on the track." I got no negative responses.

On with the series and thank PR for this site to post on.

Last edited:
Back