Unofficial tvland GP hype thread

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
October 1st, 2017 tvland mx pierlont ohio.

Some stats from last year....do you like WFO speed ? Got it? Do you like woods? Got it. Do you like moto? Got it. Do you like grass? Got it. Do you like walls? Got it. Do you like endurocross sections? Got it.

Since ck1 is a statistician I'm going to leave the numbers and the track layout here:

IMG_6804.PNG
IMG_6807.PNG
IMG_6805.PNG

IMG_6806.PNG

Feel free to link your GoPro from past years events. It gets better every year.

Ck1 offer still stands: I'll pay your gate fee. And if you beat me I'll provide you with a case of beer.

Run both morning and afternoon session. You'll get lots of seat time.

I find that I get tight during these races by the second lap on my first race. But I loosen up after another lap. And the afternoon session I tighten up a little but not as long as the first session. I feel good most of the race.

A lot of moto guys think they won't be able to do 2 races. But pace yourself and push through the initial tight arm pump and you loosen back up. I know I'm dead after a 4 lap mx moto. But it's not as bad with these GPs. Any mostly moto guys have same feeling about these races or is just me ?

Last edited:
Oh yea that's another thing. Common misconception is you won't make it on a standard tank of fuel.

Wrong.

At the end you'll be surprised to see there's ALOT of fuel left in your tank....

My 144 went around 55 minutes last year. Didn't need fuel. Still had a good amount after the race was over.

My husky 4 stroke this year...pft. It didn't burn any fuel. Damn FI bikes are fuel efficient That's for sure.

Last edited:
As much as you do "push" in these races, they still aren't as intense as a motocross race. Everyone settles in and runs a comfortable pace. The great thing is that you can simply go out there and run your own pace and have fun. I can't see one negative about gp's. There's no obstacle in the track that you can't do.

Back