Mid-Ohio Yamaha Demo Day!!!

Today was sick Jeremy. Everything on the big track is super forgiving and the ruts were so gnarly. Spent most of my day shredding the woods tho, super fun layout. Test rode the 450fx and 250fx and 450f, have to say that 450fx with the rekluse clutch was a dream machine... maybe it was just the clutch I enjoyed lol

The ruts kicked my ass. I felt very squidish, but I should have, only ridden twice in the last 6 weeks. I took the FX on the track, and maybe it's my weight, but it felt way too soft. I should have done the woods loop with it.
Great job Jeremy and crew once again. No dust all day long. Just traction!
And good to finally meet the OG of PR. Great hanging with the new PR as always. Good times!

Nice to meet you Ron.

Fun day, broke in the new RMZ and put 1.2 on the meter, had a lot of ooglers and oglers, certainly not at my riding but at the bike sitting in the pits. Even gave out a few RMZ demo rides. I had forgotten what it was like to ride a brand new bone stock bike. My hands were killing me, everything on the bike was super stiff. Felt like I was learning how to ride again.

Funny to say I've never done a demo ride day before. I never felt like waiting around and dealing with it. But today I figured, hey what better time to try the 2018 YZF450 than the day I have my brand new RMZ with me. So I waiting and spun laps on it back to back with my new bike. It was fun! Thanks to Yamaha for doing that! Of course I like the Suzuki better but did anyone really think I wouldn't say that? But the YZF was nice, I could certainly race one and be more than happy on it.

Ron, definitely not your weight when it came to the fx model. The bike has much plusher suspension due to it being a woods model bike, it was sick in the woods, wherever you wanted the bike to go it would and I was able to run the whole woods loop in 3rd gear, rekluse clutch is an amazing thing. If I were in the market for a woods model bike I would highly consider the 450fx.

25FCC13A-09C1-45C9-AF4D-1F3DF6A26EAB.jpeg
Mitchy had a blast..loves that track and had a blast coming down with Kreps and the new zook! Ruts and track conditions prime today..thanks to all the big bikes riding with him today..

Last edited:
Remember open early today, and the tracks look perfect, plenty of time to wear your arms out before the rain might get here at 2pm

Well crap, wish I would have realized he was with that guy

Hey now, I'm down to about 200. I thought it would feel a little better than it did.

I mean I have you by about 20-30 lbs ron lol. My buddy nic that rode with us yesterday runs the GNCC nationals and his suspension on his 350sxf is set about the same as the fx was... like I said in the woods the suspension was awesome, I wouldn't had dared taking that bike on a track.

I have a YZ450FX I race woods with and I have a YZ450F for moto. They are completely different. The F hits hard. The X is very calm. The X is a softer ride, but knowing that you ride accordingly. I wouldn’t race MX with the X, but I’ve raced GNCC and GP at Unidilla and High Point and both places used the tracks.

I mean I have you by about 20-30 lbs ron lol. My buddy nic that rode with us yesterday runs the GNCC nationals and his suspension on his 350sxf is set about the same as the fx was... like I said in the woods the suspension was awesome, I wouldn't had dared taking that bike on a track.
I know it's a woods model, but thought I'd give it a try on the track to see if it could be a decent crossover bike. I ride woods and MX, and after that test ride, I realize that the F is what I need to stick with. I'm not planning to have a woods bike and a MX bike.

I sure wish my old body would have let me ride both days at the cliff this weekend! My arms are toast today. I had quite a list of things that I needed to do today, but I'm unsure if anything will get done lol.

Back