Buckeye Series thoughts

John250

PR Founding Father
Just some thoughts and opinions on the Buckeye Series. It is great that Scott and crew have brought back a legitimate series to SW Ohio. Attendance has been good. I would be very curious what the average attendance has been so far compared to the OMA races (minus the battle series races). Typically racing slows down in the fall and attendance falls. Last week East Fork had 330 entries. That's a great day for an October race.

The tracks have been good. All seem to be making an effort. Scott changed up Eastfork for this race. The addition of something new with Buckeye Hills is a nice change also. Even Treaty City put in a new design to their track (yeah, a Greenville compliment). DMC....back off the wood chips unless your discing those suckers in over and over again all the time to decompose. Dirt Country always runs an efficient program. Heard of the changes to the start he is considering for next year....that would be an interesting change.

I like the running later into the fall, the weather for the most part is much nicer than running in April or May. I do hope that if there are 11 or so races next season that they can start earlier though, and perhaps spread them out a little bit. Seems like we have been going every single weekend for a while now, next weekend is finally an off weekend.

Octane Bucks is a great idea. And with the new Super shop coming, I am sure those in SW Ohio will be using them. Question though, some tracks have had a sheet out to put your name and address on, some have not. Cant they just take a file from the entries and make sure we get all the octane bucks for all the races that we ran? When are these being sent? At the end of the series?

Contingency. Awesome that they offer it. I got an email from Yamaha about two weeks after Greenville that money had been deposited into my account from Yamaha. Matthew has earned more, but have seen no emails or anything from Yamaha since the first Greenville race. Any idea why that would be?

Buckeye Hills, Chilitown and East Fork are all left. Those that have not rode any Buckeye Series races should make the trip down and give them a try. You wont be disappointed with any of the three races left for sure.

Thanks again to Scott and everyone on his team for making it happen in SW Ohio.

Thanks John we are looking into starting earlier next year and not have back to back races if we can! Yamaha has received all results for contingency not sure why yo haven't seen emails but they have sent me confirmation that they received them! Octane bucks yes that's what I was planning on doing and if riders want to spend them they can if not that ok but we will make up some kind of gift card at the end of the series and get them out! Turnouts have been great only one that wasn't was DMC's second race 115 not sure what happened but I know wildcat had a race , briarcliff had a practice and cocr had a practice but as for everyone else it's been good!
Hope to see everyone this weekend at Buckeye hills mx!

Thanks Scott
Raceohiomx

Thanks John we are looking into starting earlier next year and not have back to back races if we can! Yamaha has received all results for contingency not sure why yo haven't seen emails but they have sent me confirmation that they received them! Octane bucks yes that's what I was planning on doing and if riders want to spend them they can if not that ok but we will make up some kind of gift card at the end of the series and get them out! Turnouts have been great only one that wasn't was DMC's second race 115 not sure what happened but I know wildcat had a race , briarcliff had a practice and cocr had a practice but as for everyone else it's been good!

Thanks Scott
Raceohiomx

I have a question.
If you ride 2 classes at each event do you get two entries in the pit bike giveaway?

Thanks Scott
Raceohiomx
We will be composing a list of riders from our trackside software and issuing the octane bucks at the end of the series due to several tracks not placing the sign sheets out at sign.up

We will be composing a list of riders from our trackside software and issuing the octane bucks at the end of the series due to several tracks not placing the sign sheets out at sign.up

Awesome!! Appreciate it. I know we love the Rocky Mountain Bucks from the OMA. They add up quickly.

Back