Heroin Epidemic

It is a terrible epidemic. I feel so bad for those families and friends that are/have dealt with it.

I believe it is chasing that feeling of the first time. Trying to get the same feeling, but having to use more, or stronger, to get close to that rush.

Many times it takes a person who has overcome drugs to help another who is using .
Unless you have been through it you may not know how to help someone who is addicted.
The addiction is usually only a small part if a bigger problem or character defect . The drugs mask symptoms that can't be healed while still using. Many drugs take you down faster like heroin . It takes all of you quickly. The insanity of the addiction is that it will be better the next time when in reality it only gets worse.

Ohio healthcare professionals have been receiving information from the state concerning opioid prescriptions.
http://www.takechargeohio.org
There is also now an outpatient automated opioid prescription database to track abuse problems.

Providers use the OER report. Let’s us know when where and how many times they are refilling opioids.

Opioids is t the problem. Those drugs are designed to treat patients in severe pain. They have a purpose. Some people love the feeling of side effects. The blah. Slow. Low feeling? That’s when it gets dangerous. Use for pain. Nothing else. Sad.

My bud called from jail today. I wasn't home so didn't take the call. I've put money on his account for the commissary before and bet that's what he wants. His divorce is final and most of his family and friends have disowned him so he has not many to turn to. That's a whole other subject talking about the crimes they commit to support their habit. Then get caught. They show no bond on him so guess he will stay in jail till court for his burglary charge. He's a first time offender so not sure if he will get any time or maybe time spent now will be considered. If he gets out and goes back to that life style it shows he doesn't want to change. He's one of thousands but he's my friend this time. Not sure what to do for him.

I don't want to beat this subject to death but need some more help. My bud got out of jail last night. He's called several times but I haven't talked to him. He's on the streets and no place to stay. None of his friends trust him to have him around because he's ripped off most of us or owes us money. He needs a place to stay for now till he can find direction in his life. Does anyone have any suggestions to where a guy like this could stay. I'm willing to pick him up and give him a ride if anyone knows of a place. Thanks for any help. He's in Elyria but I'll take him anywhere available.

I don't want to beat this subject to death but need some more help. My bud got out of jail last night. He's called several times but I haven't talked to him. He's on the streets and no place to stay. None of his friends trust him to have him around because he's ripped off most of us or owes us money. He needs a place to stay for now till he can find direction in his life. Does anyone have any suggestions to where a guy like this could stay. I'm willing to pick him up and give him a ride if anyone knows of a place. Thanks for any help. He's in Elyria but I'll take him anywhere available.
Need to go to a mens halfway house .
You'll have the support of the house as well as a sober surrounding.
Lots of places I'm not sure what city you are in....
Salvation Army downtown. Keating center. Matt Talbots's. Road to hope.

Hey everyone. It's been awhile since making a comment about this subject. When I started this thread I was pretty upset and confused about my friend and why it happened. I may have said some things that hurt his feelings or maybe I didn't understand the whole story. Well over a year and a half has past and I'm happy to say my friend has turned his life around. He has a place of his own, a good job, and goes to church for support. I'm so proud of him and what he has accomplished. I think he will read this and your friends are very proud of you. So if there are any folks out there struggling with this problem, have faith that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Seek help and get your life right again.

Back