District 11 . . .

NQ1965

PR Elite
I'm usually a little slow and behind to catching things but I just found out that District 11 is active again.
http://www.district11ama.com/

Funny to me that the date on their Clubs/Promoters screen is 2014.
Am I the last one to know this? I was still a member when District 12 dissolved but I thought when 11 sort of disappeared I figured it was over.

upload_2017-11-17_14-40-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-17_14-40-11.png
    upload_2017-11-17_14-40-11.png
    471.3 KB · Views: 100
As I was told by someone in the AMA "it never went away"
I am a little surprised it was even updated in 2014.
No motocross yet, but I have heard some rumblings.

We shall see

And when you look at the officers list, it's many of the same members that have been there for years and years.
So why in the world aren't they communicating on Pitracer ?

And when you look at the officers list, it's many of the same members that have been there for years and years.
So why in the world aren't they communicating on Pitracer ?
Computers are the devil.
You should get a telegraph about their plans soon.

Race schedule sent by smoke signal.

This may be a shock to people but district 12 is still around as well. They run street events like poker runs.

I'm usually a little slow and behind to catching things but I just found out that District 11 is active again.
http://www.district11ama.com/

Funny to me that the date on their Clubs/Promoters screen is 2014.
Am I the last one to know this? I was still a member when District 12 dissolved but I thought when 11 sort of disappeared I figured it was over.

View attachment 57094

Didn't follow the FB link?

https://m.facebook.com/district11ama

They're attempting to revive a HS schedule.

It's always been around. Think they run enduro, HS, and hillclimb events still.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No motocross yet, but I have heard some rumblings.

We shall see

My thinking on this is that District 11 leadership had motocross but failed to keep it all together and growing like the OMA has proven it can be done.

BUT that being said, Hare Scrambles, GP' racing, Enduro's, Dual Sport rides and Cross Country racing in general is a whole area completely unorganized and available. And there are a lot of old motocrossers and even newbies being brought in that prefer to avoid motocross that could fill up the rosters of District 11 again. (And District 12 as far as that goes). And with that it doesn't have to compete directly with OMA.

This is a huge IF. But if they focus on the GP type stuff they may be able to develop a niche market that caters to those folks. That could lead to something worth while. If they try to run the same old motocross format it will die quickly again.
Wild, COCR, Action Sports and Fast trax would be a good core to develop from.

This is a huge IF. But if they focus on the GP type stuff they may be able to develop a niche market that caters to those folks. That could lead to something worth while. If they try to run the same old motocross format it will die quickly again.
Wild, COCR, Action Sports and Fast trax would be a good core to develop from.

Makes sense to me. I just don't know why you would want to have an organization like District 11 and yet not want to be current, up to date, strong and working for growth. Even AHRMA with all of their issues works hard to develop their group/organization and sport.

I'm not particularly eager to have to join and pay dues to another organization but at some point along the road where I can free myself up to begin racing a lot of events again, it would be cool to see a series inclusive of all of my favorite tracks in my district.

I've met a couple of the officers in the listing. I'm not sure they have enthusiasm for change that others might like.

Last edited:
Back