2018 Race Ohio Mx

663dad

PR Addict
Kicking around trying this out for one event to see how well it perceived. Saturday practice for all bikes 8-11am then going into the youth classes 15 min motos. Sunday we would be running A,B,C and vet classes with a sight lap before their race, with racing starting at 8 or 9 am and running 15 min motos also.

Assuming schoolboy is a youth class. Here is the issue with that. Many of us, have busy lives. We have work, spouses, kids, other household things that need taken care of. A schedule like that forces me to be at the track for two days if my son races his two classes. We don't always go for Saturday practice for those reasons above. He runs schoolboy and C class. So that's two days.

I don't get the whole practice all day Saturday thing. But its great for revenue for the tracks. Race Ohio has no Quads like OMA. So you don't have those issues. Briarcliff, runs 3 laps practice, no more, no less. They roll at 8am. By 930 moto 1 is already complete. Motos are rolling off the gate when the previous moto has a 1/4 of a track left. I personally don't like the idea that I would need to be there for two days. Everyone should take a tip or two from JO. He does not mess around, and stays on time. But this requires the sign up girls to be very efficient at what they are doing also. Guess every track needs a Connie.

HUGE step in the right direction.
I would suggest practice on both days. Fixes the issue Johnny was talking about. If youth runs Saturday, and everyone else on Sunday, their will be plenty of time for an "open" practice for say 90 min. Then right into racing both days.

If you don’t wanna be there both days then choose to run one or the other classes... instead of running schoolboy, have him run 250 and open class john259... or have him run schoolboy, and be done for the day. I like this idea mr landis. I’m totally down for no practice, just sight lap and race. That’s how they do it in Europe

Kicking around trying this out for one event to see how well it perceived. Saturday practice for all bikes 8-11am then going into the youth classes 15 min motos. Sunday we would be running A,B,C and vet classes with a sight lap before their race, with racing starting at 8 or 9 am and running 15 min motos also.

Don’t hold yourselves to everyone races the same minutes. Pavilion has been using these times for a long time and it works well.

Attachments

• 88DDBD45-7564-4A58-8485-7912ED5BECA3.png
    88DDBD45-7564-4A58-8485-7912ED5BECA3.png
    718.7 KB · Views: 1,578
Back