1. Dismiss Notice

What are you paying for health insurance?

Discussion in 'Non-Moto' started by GeorgiePorgie, Jan 12, 2018 at 3:43 PM.

1. GeorgiePorgie

GeorgiePorgie PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    every year it goes up.

When I was first employed it costed me around $180 a month. No deductible, Out of pocket max $1000. 100% coverage on just about everything.

I’m at $450.90 a month (less all the go fund me money I might get after I actually get hurt —-just kidding) medical dental and vision. No deductible. Out of pocket max 12500/yr. 85/15 plan....

I’m not covered as nicely as I was in 2012 either. I now buy accident insurance as short term disability has been cut out if my defined benefit. So now I buy that privately.

What are you guys at ? I’m spending more, getting less.

2. TwentyThreeMX

TwentyThreeMX PR Founding Father

off the top of my head like $140 a month for medical/dental either $500 or $1000 deductible (changed this year cant remember) and i think 3200 or 4k max outta pocket i think...

3. Jon16

Jon16 PR Founding Father

Super lucky here. Wife's company takes care of hers AND mine. $0 of her paycheck per month. I forget what the deductible is.

4. GeorgiePorgie

GeorgiePorgie PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    Well, once I got married it doubled. So I’m at a mon
    unheard Of anymore.

I think my job pays $1000 a month and I pay 450. So happy they still do that.

5. Dano762

Dano762 PR Member

Racing Number:
    Across premiums, putting money into our HSA, and deductible limits, my potential max out of pocket is more than a person would make working 40 hours a week earning the Federal minimum wage of $7.25 hour. Wife, son (26 in May), and me.

I guess it beats being bankrupted if I have a kidney stone.

We are essentially self insured (pay for all of our health care) unless there is a catastrophic health event.

Certain wellness checkups are covered with no co-pay or deductible.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 12:11 AM
  6. Motodad23

Motodad23 PR Member

Racing Number:
    Mine sounds a lot like dano762. I think $3000 deductible/person for me my wife and son. It's anthem blue Cross blue shield. No dental or vision. My boss pays 100%. This is the first year of that and the first time in about 5 years I've had ins so no complaints what so ever here

7. MxFreedom33

MxFreedom33 PR Elite

Racing Number:
    2017 I was paying $538/mo for family health care, vision and dental. 2200 deductible and 5,000 out of pocket max. For 2018 they waxed that plan and now only offer a “ consumer driven “ health care plan. $260/month plus $90/mo “ spousal surcharge “ ... $5,000 deductible and $13,000 out of pocket max. I am responsible for everything basically nothing kicks in till that $5,000 is met, and I mean nothing is covered. We are “ encouraged “ to save in our HSA account on top of the $260/mo.

Really.

I work for a multi-BILLION dollar company owned by the second richest man in the world and I have K-mart healthcare... we ended up switching to my wife’s for 2018.. $330/mo for family $500 deductible $3,900 out of pocket max.

She works for a small privately owned vet clinic.

I’m moving to Zimbabwe.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 10:13 AM
  8. ohiowildman939

ohiowildman939 PR Member

Racing Number:
    I pay 190 a month for family health/dental/optical with $2500 deductible and $5000 max out of pocket. I though we had a shitty plan until I’ve seen some of what you people deal with. I will complain no more.