Vicki Golden Wreck

John250

PR Founding Father
Did anyone see this in Cleveland over the weekend? Vicki Golden shattered her heel, and said she had compartment syndrome within 12 hours. Said that they had been using coke syrup on the floor for traction, and last jump she spun taking off. Guess they never thought about using astro turf or something on concrete for traction. Lucky its just the heel, could have been worse.

I was there front row. Stood a little to the right of this guy. We thought wheel-spin cause the guy before her backed out cause he slid out. Its was crazy. Its one of those things you know can happen but dont expect it to happen during the show. I did get her autograph on a hat before the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That whole set up there looks a little sketchy......but then again, I am not jumping ramps! Kelly, send in your resume....she needs a temporary stand in.

To funny. It is def sketchy in there and not a lot of room for error. I don think i have nearly enough ramp time to hit that one.

We were there Saturday afternoon, thought they put on a good show. Did notice a couple jumps where rider did not do the move that maybe they wanted to; Vicki was getting quite sideways! Hated to hear about and see the mishap.
IMG_1696.JPG

They should consider padding the center when they’re on slick concrete like that. A little cushion better than nothing.

i was about 50 ft away walking towards it when it happened, so i didnt see it but heard it. the sound of bike dropping into concrete like that was not a good one. glad that's all that was wrong, she wasnt moving for a while and when they put the curtain up i got pretty nervous!

I figured they were putting the curtain up because they were cutting her pants off.

Back