Campcattail 2018

Campcattail 2018 Saturday June 9 MX and trials. Sunday June 10 HS/ CC with modern support in afternoon. AHRMA sanctioned. There was some confusion last year about classes, this year we will go off of Ahrma’s class structure. Check there site for classes. More details soon.

bill lane.jpg

The Bill Lane poster........................

But he's going the wrong way in that poster.
2016-06-12 12.08.11.jpg

PitRacer posted photo from Google images I'm told.

Bill might be going the wrong way but not CAMP CATTAIL, the track is improved, they will be watering depending on the weather, we will be running AHRMA classes so everyone get points toward the series, including the new up to 98 & current 2 stroke classes.

Should be a fun event, we have more prizes to giveaway than we did in KY. Rumor mill has the elusive DANO riding for the first time in a few years.

Reactions: k01
That photo was from a couple of years ago, last time I was able to ride there. A little dusty but I had a blast. Looking forward to it this year. And the variety bikes I can ride.

Should be a fun event, we have more prizes to giveaway than we did in KY. Rumor mill has the elusive DANO riding for the first time in a few years.

Indeed, even have the 100cc mystery machine ready for a run. See you all there.

IMG_2122.JPG
IMG_2123.JPG
IMG_2125.JPG

After our reschedule at Amherst, and our new venue at Dutch MX everybody should be excited to get back on the track and have some fun. This Weekends event at CAMPCATTAIL is unique, it helps support children’s charities and the local community. It’s a fun, low-key event, and our 2nd AHRMA Great Lakes “HOT FOOT MOTO” event this year.

The club took our feedback from last year and made some improvements in the MX track. The CC event on Sunday will be a fun event. Also, we are following AHRMA classes to eliminate the scoring issues last year, along with our regional only 2 stroke to-98 & modern class.

We have more prizes than we had at Kentucky to give away. Let’s go racing…………..

This is always a fun event, and I’m bummed I will miss it this year. CERA does a good job for a worthy cause. Hoping good weather for everyone and safe racing!

When all the rest cancelled the "OLD GUYS rode"

Thanks to all the racers, spectators and volunteers who came out to support Camp Cattail on Saturday for round 3 of the Great Lakes AHRMA series. Almost 100 entries between MX and trials, with CC today (Sunday). Rained hard Friday night and was a bit wet for practice, Saturday had blue skies, and sunshine all day, and the track was perfect by the second moto’s.

A true old school grass track, rubber band start, all made for a fun, low key MX day, with 100% of the proceeds donated to Camp Cattail, to support their work with special needs kids.
cat1.jpg

Thank you to the Camp Cattail volunteers, AHRMA, Mike, MotoJason and Dave Woolever for the time they volunteer to have events like this.

It was nice to catch up with everyone and make some new friends. We had a great weather day; the track really rutted up well and made for an excellent riding day for me and racing day for others.

It was so cool to see a good number of 90's bikes with fast riders along with all the Vintage and Post Vintage bikes.

Anyone with a 2 stroke that wants to have an incredibly fun day should look at the remaining race schedule and give it a try.

Dano762

Back