Aaron Plessinger was docked one position

Tom

PR Elite
So your thoughts.
250SX West Region points leader Aaron Plessinger was docked one position in the main event last night at round six of Monster Energy Supercross, according to the AMA’s official results.

158572_rs2_2152.jpg

That is a load of BS. He entered the track in a "safe location"... What do they want him to do? Back his bike up into the whoops while others are skimming towards him just to go around that corner?

Cutting the track after his crash I got it.
I dunno he was so far in the middle I don’t think he gained anything on cutting that corner nor do I think he would have lost anything by riding the corner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call by the officials. His bike was pointing the right direction in the whoops and he was still on the track. He turned his bike left to ride through the tuff blocks and to the other side of the track. He cut off a good 5-6 sec easy.

I called that one when I was watching the race.

I cringed when I saw him cut the track, but I didn't think it got caught. I didn't hear anything about it that night anyway.

Seems to be a lot of discretion in these decisions. That was rediculous to to dock him. He was only a few feet from the corner where he got back on. After he picked himself and his bike up to start it, he was mostly between the lanes and there was a course work to his right blocking him while moving tuff blocks so he couldn't go between the blocks to get back on before the corner. He just took the lane opened by the moved tuff blocks. He didn’t gain a position. Should he have pushed his bike backwards onto the track in the low spot of the whoops, perpendicular to the track direction to reenter? That would have been stupid. Don't riders go off the track and race on the flat around obstacles to jump back on in their original postion?

Back